Are You A Fan Of Lucifer Morningstar The Television Series

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Krissttina Isobe, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I just started to watch Lucifer the television series and I really like it! Tom Ellis is so handsome!

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't watch this, and am certainly not likely to ever even consider watching it; but I do find it interesting , extremely interesting, in fact, that the pictures that you posted of the star are very much like Marco Rubio (in my opinion). The center one especially looks like the "Rubio look".
    I realize that this guy has the (in vogue) scruffy-whiskers/unshaven look. And Rubio is shaved and clean cut; but the resemblance is amazing !
    So ......they are subtle and telling us that we are electing Satan for a president ? But of course, in the show, the devil is the good guy.
    Definitely not my kind of show.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

*It's a comedy show of how Lucifer Mornigstar helps a detective Chloe Decker in the series.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't get that here.. :)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  5. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't watch TV... but even if I did, I think this title alone would assure that I wouldn't check it out. :) If it doesn't have something to do with "that" Lucifer, well then my question would be why on earth would any Mama name her baby boy that?! o_O

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Let's see now. Lucifer (satan) gets bored in hell and comes to the surface and finds out his buddy is murdered and helps out some local detective to find who the culprit is. It's listed as a comedy/drama.
    TV.com gives it 4 stars and IGN (a gamer site) gives it 2 1/2 stars.

Beyond that, I have absolutely NO fascination toward watching the show.
    What DOES fascinate me though are the numbers of people who are drawn by checking out the "good guy" from hell. If a show were to come out espousing Jesus as the good guy, would it be as attractive to the watchers? Nope, and I probably wouldn't watch that either.

As absorbed as our population gets when watching a TV show or movie I have no doubts that "Lucifer" is just another way of numbing the brain cells of the less mentally determined populous.
    To me, making light of something so ultimately powerful is like handing someone a lit stick of dynamite and saying "it's just a sparkler".
    I will not be party to anything that gives Lucifer any credit for anything good in any way shape or form that it is presented.

I guess that just makes me "narrow minded," but at least it insinuates that I still think about consequences.

As usual, all of the above is strictly my opinion and not necessarily shared by this station nor it's wonderful sponsors. ( I do so like to close with that on controversial topics. It makes it sooooo..cool and official sounding)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Ah, so it *is* "that" Lucifer... well then my answer stands that I wouldn't watch it. I know the devil is alive and well with quite a foothold on this ol' planet of ours, but... ugh!

You're right, @Bobby Cole ... a good role model would not get the same hype. The younger generation might actually want to {GASP!!!} mimic someone with good qualities.

Giving satan "good" qualities... seems to be a new low to me. You're not narrow-minded at all... I'd have to hope that most would agree. What I agree with *you* about, @Krissttina Isobe , is that the actor is indeed a good looking man. Hope he doesn't end up with nightmares.

I'm afraid of the dark.... and this sounds dark. :(

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Never heard of it. I think I will check it out though because I like detective shows/movies.

9. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My grandson likes it so far.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've never heard of it but then I'm always behind in whats on TV. I didn't used to be like this, lol.

I think I just like being on my ipad better. :)

11. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

*I understand, but who knows what the writers will really do till the end of the series though. I like the fact that it isn't so dark though not really for it seems the series so far is a comedy about the situation about Lucifer.