Are We Dependent on the Internet?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hannah Davis, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Bobby Gnomy

Bobby Gnomy Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, we are too dependent on the internet. It's entirely possible to lose electricity and all technology just. like. that. It could happen world-wide from a catastrophe such as a natural disaster or cyber-terrorism.

We are too dependent on our devices that connect us to the rest of the world. Our digital age is at risk of losing a large part of the database that has become human knowledge. I'm online everyday all day and long into the night. I gain income from being online, I keep in touch with friends, acquaintances and family with email. I'm just as guilty as the next person, relying on the internet to get me through my day. However, I often wonder how our civilization would manage with the internet gone. How would be exist? I'm sure we would be able to figure out ways to live without the internet.

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

There is many ways of using the internet some people get involved with groups all talking back and forth and that is it. I have met a person who had problem with his car he got out his telephone went on line and in a few minutes he said that under the hood there is a black box with two clips and inside was fuses the one in the second row three down was the problem and he was right. He was back on the road within minutes.

The whole world knowledge is in your hands if you know how to use it. It is a way of getting news other than what the main news BS that is fed to the people who watch CNN FOX ect.

3. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My gosh! We would have to write letters to each other by using pens and paper! The postal service would have to hire more carriers, we would maybe need to hire couriers.

Kidding aside, I would have a hard time dealing with the loss of the internet and computers. I know we all did just fine for most of our lives without them, but I'll be darned if I can remember how.

Terry Page and Ike Willis like this.
  5. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

life_before_computers.jpg