Are They Drunkards?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

You mean I proved all that??????

2. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

"Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterward." - Ben Franklin

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Bobbie.jpg

Yesterday I saw you at the gym, Bobbie. You were being very active. Why wouldn't you want to know me, though? Just managed to take a photo...:confused::D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Iā€™m already planning on a dry out period around the first of February for a couple of REAL pictures. Alas, the man in the pic has good intentions but he needs to lose the cigar and improve his form.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Never cared much for drinking. I have done my share and many times have gotten absolutely falling down passed out drunk. No a days not so much. I have a portion of a bottle of "Old Grandad" that a customer gifted me back when I retired in 2012. Right now we do have about eight or ten Labatts Blue in the fridge. That has been there since early summer,when we had some kind of gathering at the house.
    Now my father in Law was a freakin professional drunk. The man never drew a sober breath the ten years I knew him. God, what a worker he was though. He was a welder at ALCO for 30 some years, he would come and get me 5:30 or 6 in the morning, stop at the Polish Home pound a couple of beers and a shot and we would go paint houses. He would keep pumping beers all morning,even while he was doing ladder work. We would knock off about 1:00 pm so he could go to his job. Died of cirrhosis.
    I was lucky, I got addicted to nicotine and although I haven't smoked in five years it is a constant battle. During the seventies, hallucinogens were my drug of choice. I ate acid like candy. Coke almost got my ass, God I love that stuff. Makes you into Superman and the Flash all rolled into one. I saw where I was headed with that and stopped. Now my real drug of choice is pot, smoked it almost daily for close to fifty years now. Am I addicted? I guess if you do anything for that long, I guess probably yes.
    How has it effected me? Hard to say, I've never been fired from a job, I've never been counseled for absenteeism, I received timely promotions,have never been in an auto accident or received a summons. been married to the same woman for 38 years, raised three well adjusted children who are all working producing members of society, have smart beautiful grandchildren and great grandchildren.
    I am not going to judge anyone on their habits unless it affects society(DUI) Not everyone deals with their personal devils in the same way!

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The only side effect I have witnessed, @Peter Renfro, of long-term, heavy marijuana use is bad decision-making. Time and time again, I have watched heavy long-term users make decisions that make no sense. When asked for justification, the justification makes no sense to anyone other than the person making the choice, but they are always very certain that their decision is the correct one. I am sure that it does not affect all folks in that category, but cannabis has been "legal" in Alaska since 1977, so there are lots of long-term heavy users here. The complete medical data is not yet completely compiled, but there is evidence of COPD (smokers), and mental disease (psychosis and schizophrenia) but the incidence is not let known, nor is the dosage or longevity of use to demonstrate the side effects known. Congrats, by the way, on your long marriage and productive family!

Beatrice Taylor likes this.