Are They Deliberately Leaving Out Any Facts Here?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Brittany Houser, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have heard the news this morning about that systematic killing in an Oregon school. There are 10 confirmed dead as of press time and 7 hurt. The gunman had his victims stand in line. Asking whether he is a Christian - when the victim's answer is yes, he is shot on the head otherwise he was shot on the foot. The gunman is also dead but not really clear how he died. Obviously, the crime is religious in nature and the newscaster this morning has the impression that the young fellow of 20 years has had a wrong orientation on his religion. Most likely, the gunman is a Muslim.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Like most of the other mass-shootings here in the US, this one has all of the changes in the official reports, and is even different today from yesterday.
    The first reports that I saw on the news reported "10-15 killed, over 20 injured". Later they changed that to 10 dead, and reports of anywhere between 7-20 injured. The Shooter was supposed to be 20 years old, and was variously reported as having been taken into custody, unknown cause of death, injured but alive, and "neutralized".
    Today the final report is 9 dead, 7 injured, even though there were over 10 reported to be in the area hospitals in some of the local news reports yesterday. The shooter ends up being 26 years old and has a recently created Facebook page. I am sure they will find that he left a manifesto on there somewhere pretty soon.

As always, the major players were there before the shootings even happened. FBI, ATF, DHS, and even the US Marshalls were already on scene, and they had (of course) recently had drills in nearby Roseburg about just this kind of mass casualty incident.
    First reports had the shooter actually shooting people through the door and thin walls of the classroom; but now he supposedly asked each person what religion they were and then killed the ones who said Christian.
    Even though he was a good enough shooter to hit people in either the head or the foot (no one moved at all ? ), when the one hero-vet confronted him, the shooter shot this guy at least 7 times, and still didn't kill him.

And what about this interesting little coincidence .... Remember in August then the 3 guys stopped the terrorist attack on the train in Europe ?
    Well, it turns out that one of those guys happens to go to this tiny little community college. How likely is THAT ? ?

http://fox6now.com/2015/10/01/tmz-a...speed-train-attends-umpqua-community-college/

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

One guy, being talked to on CNN, said that social media was reporting how many were killed and injured, just after it happened. He said "don't believe everything that is put on social media."

The way I see it is, the Media and the public aren't being told everything that law enforcement finds out about immediately. There are always things left out of what's being reported by law enforcement for very good reasons. Sometimes they don't even know some things that the public wants to know, while other times, they do know, but just aren't going to let the Media and public know those things.

Our local Sheriff (head of our Sheriff/Police Dept.) had all the police scanners taken out of news stations a few years ago. They didn't wait for news stations to turn the scanners in, they went to the stations and took them out themselves. They said that the Media were showing up at crime scenes, after listening to the scanners, and putting themselves in "harms way" being there when law enforcement were trying to subdue a suspect and shots were being fired.

The Media wants to report about a crime scene, but law enforcement have gotten tired of trying to "work a call" and protect the Media at the same time.

5. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, that's one of the weirdest "coincidences" I've ever heard! I don't trust anything from the media, or the government anymore! One thing that IS consistent in all of this is the appearance of the gun-grabbers!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have a problem with the media, because I know that today they can't report everything at one time, like they use to. As far as the government goes, have no problem with that either.

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I agree, it's very odd that this happened at the very school where Alek Skarlatos attended. I find the whole situation odd, just as I have other similar events. It sure didn't take O long to jump in with this anti-gun rhetoric. I think he should request that the personal protective details for him and his family be disarmed first. We can do that on a trial basis, and see how it goes. It isn't surprising that some of the details changed, such as numbers of injured/killed, and some of the accounts are official, while others are unofficial. I don't necessarily discount the unofficial ones, nor do I necessarily trust the media and government to tell the truth. I understand they might need to withhold certain details, but if the only shooter is dead, it's not as if they need to prepare for a trial. I'd like to hear more also about the online postings, because I read that some people were encouraging him (or whoever the person posting that appears to have been him), and if so, I hope they can be tracked, and held responsible.

8. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I have felt for awhile now that much of the news is really diluted and sanitized. Our local news is probably the worst of them all. It is as if a bunch of 5th graders were writing some of the articles. the grammar is poor and stories lack any sort of substance. It is not the way that it used to be.

Something that has me baffled right now is why can't I see Hurricane Joaquin on the radar? I have been checking the interactive radars on a few different sources and can not see anything but rain up the east coast. In the past you could see a hurricane as clear as day. I watched Sandy come in on the radar online. Joaquin was after all dumping water all over the Bahamas. I have tried the satellite settings and road settings both, and quite frankly I am perplexed at this. I am wondering if there really is a hurricane, I know that sounds daft but why can't we see it anyplace but still shoots and TV? Try it yourself go to the weather channel and tell me if you see the hurricane on the interactive map. Right on the main article they are showing all these rain clouds around the eye that is the hurricane so why don't we see that on the live radar?

9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Here's what I found about Joaquin, it seems it won't be threatening the U.S. coast, although it still seems to be a strong storm. I haven't looked at the radar, just this map.

11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

We're just getting a lot of rain here in NCarolina. I think it's a combination of two systems. Coastline is getting a lot of flooding. South Carolina is getting pummeled they say.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never seen a gun kill anyone I have seen people with guns killing people. There is always one thing in common with all these killing that no one is allowed to talk about is all these people were all on prescription drugs and under doctor care. If some one kills a person in a bank robbery even the driver who was not in the bank is also put on trial. The doctors who gave the prescription drugs should be put on trial.

Diane Lane and Brittany Houser like this.
  13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

All psychopaths and sociopaths need to be put on medical marijuana because it would calm them down, changes their mood in a positive way, has no negative side affects, and doesn't leave a stoned effect like recreational marijuana does. I read that some researchers think medical marijuana may cause violent episodes but I observed a sociopath one time that started using recreational marijuana and the transformation was like night and day. Medical marijuana would be better for him because he wouldn't have the stoned effects but he doesn't qualify because he has a record….which is really a stupid law because those are the very ones that need it!

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have read about medical marijuana use, and the articles that I read said that not only is a different strain of it used, but also it is better if it is eaten and not smoked.
    The information that I was reading was about using it for helping with arthritis and other physical pains, and not for mental issues; but I would think that the same thing would apply regardless of which medical use it is for.

Apparently, growing your own and using it fresh, and putting it in a green smoothies is the very best way to use the medicinal types of marijuana. When you smoke it, you get the chemical effects, and lose a lot of the medicinal parts of the plant.
    Also, from what I have read, the part that is usually smoked is the flower buds, and the part that is best for healing you is the fresh leaves.

I think that if it were legalized, then a lot of people could use it for whichever use they wanted it for. I would probably try growing some and using it in a smoothie and see if it helps with the arthritis pains.

Lara Moss and Brittany Houser like this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Who stopped the killer it was a person [cop] with a gun. So it was a gun that stopped the crime and if some of the people who got shot would have had a gun it would have been stopped earlier