Are There Members Besides Me That Have Covid ?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have shared some of my health news and treatment. What's been your experience been. Sharing can be helpful

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Most of us in non-controlled environments may not know if we have Covid or not. Most people don't know unless they are tested, even among us old folks.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I should have asked if anyone has or had symptoms.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not at all.
    No “clot shot”, no symptoms, go wherever I want to go , just like always.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  5. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No jab? :confused:

Still no jab here, still 71, still no symptoms, still going out for lunch 6 days a week, have been since June 2020.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's possible. I've had the normal number of colds. One of them may have been COVID. Most people don't have much of a problem with it.

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Ken Anderson you once said you and Michelle were going to be antibody tested. Did you do it and, if so, what were the results?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I kinda want to respond, and I kind of don't. How many threads have there been on this site asking "Do you know anyone who's had the flu?" I bet the answers to that question in prior years would have yielded a lot more affirmative responses, absent the "This one has a name and media coverage" fear.

That being said, I have been flushing a handful of Cheerios down the toilet every evening at bedtime and haven't caught this yet, so correlation being causation in the modern era, I'll continue to do so and I shall rage at anyone who does not do the same for wanting to kill us all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It's extremely hard to tell if someone has Covid without a test. Some coughing, or whatever could definitely be "asthma" related. We haven't had any signs/symptoms of Covid, but that's happened to a lot of people that have/or had it. That's why there is so much of a problem with many people who could have Covid and not even know it, getting around others that have been tested and don't have it.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Which is a major downside to the "vaccines." They don't prevent COVID, they merely reduce the symptoms, thus increasing the number of "I didn't know I had it" infected people walking around and spreading it to everyone else.

Regarding "testing negative..." That's only valid at the very moment you had the swab shoved up your nose. You could pick the virus up from someone in the doctor's waiting room on your way out the door from testing negative. In fact, I drove a friend to the hospital on Friday for a coloscopy and an endoscopy, and they made her get a COVID test on Wednesday. She got the test, it cleared her for the procedures, and when she took the results to the hospital they made her get tested again right then & there because the hospital did not accept the results from "that kind of test."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  11. Ken Anderson

We're scheduled to have that done, but I don't remember when. Michelle keeps the schedules. Soon, I think.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

I'm not convinced that they even do that, although they may. I don't know anyone who has had major problems with COVID, yet some were vaccinated, and some weren't.

13. Ken Anderson

We will be driving to Yarmouth, Maine to get that done tomorrow morning. It's a trip of just under 200 miles, each way.

Lois Winters and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Ken Anderson

We should get our results in a few days. She said that they are supposed to say that it could take up to two weeks but that they've been coming in within two or three days.

To answer an earlier question that someone asked, the laboratory that does the testing has test sites in other states as well, and they report findings only in states that require them to do so, and Maine doesn't. I paid for it out-of-pocket ($40+) because in order for my Advantage Plan to pay for it, the test would have to be ordered by my doctor and, since my doctor is employed by a federally-funded clinic, if she ordered the tests, she would get the results, and would probably be required to report them. When I pay out-of-pocket, that's out of the loop.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Nope. I don’t have it, haven’t had it that I know of and if I get it I’ll deal with it.
    When I go to the gym, there are 53 steps down the hallway in which I’m supposed to wear a mask and then the mask comes off when I hit the gym door. Every condition that would seemingly make it easier to catch the virus is there but as of yet, I have not heard of anyone catching the stuff and it’s been months since we started going back after the shutdown.

I had a recent visit with my soon to be dismissed doctor and he was adamant about me getting the jab.
    He said, “I’ve had the vaccine and my nurse has had the vaccine and nothing has happened to either of us. I’m a doctor and a scientist so trust me, get the vaccine”. I wanted to tell him that yes, he’s a medical doctor but that doesn’t make him a scientist any more than I am a scientist even though I study science. I digress.

“Nope”, I replied. “But”, says I, “why didn’t you order an antibody test panel with my blood test”? “And, why don’t you guys ever order a hormone test with your blood test panels either”?
    I got a real puzzled look from him and then some stupid answer about the percentages of people whose blood test would come back showing needing hormone therapy and the antibody test wouldn’t prove anything and you still need the vaccine…yada-yada-yada because and more yada-yada-yada.

I REALLY do not like it when doctors speak as if they are prophets of God and given all the world’s knowledge and I were an illiterate buffoon so like I wrote, he’s soon to be dismissed.
    I think I’m going back on Humana anyway and he’s already told my wife that at the beginning of 2022 he’s dropping Humana.