Are People Actually Getting Orders From Usps?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Al Amoling, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Lately some orders have been received at wrong zip so days are added when they have to send to my zip

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We get the USPS Runaround every now and then, too (fairly often, actually).
    We are at the tail end of a large mail route, so always the very last street to get our mail, sometimes after 7pm. Now, the post office here has made a rule that the mailmen have to be back at the office no later than 6pm, apparently for safety reasons. This means that if they do not get to our street before 6, we get no mail that day at all, and hopefully, it will arrive by the next day.

One of our mail delivery ladies is really good, but we have some that are almost hopeless, as far as delivering all of the packages. Bobby almost always goes and stands out by the mailbox when we are expecting packages, and sometimes, they give us one, but not the other one. This happened with my curtains that I recently ordered. Amazon said “out for delivery” on Friday. One came, and she said she didn’t have any other packages for us.
    By Saturday, Amazon said the package was back at the PO to be “re-scanned”.
    By Sunday, it said that the package was totally LOST , and to get a refund from Amazon.

I filled out the lost package with both amazon and also the main office for the mail, and Amazon refunded the money so that I could re-order the curtains. The next day, she delivered the curtains.

Now, Bobby has been waiting for a package since last week, and the mail lady won’t even stop and talk with him when he stands by the mailbox ! The message they gave amazon this time was that they tried to deliver the package, but were not able to do so.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL. Funny, but we passed an Amazon truck on the interstate last Friday. His side sliding door was wide open as he cruised along at 65 MPH.

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I have mentioned that some areas around me only receive mail every couple of weeks due to carrier shortage. The main post offices had been allowing people to come in and pick up their mail, but the long lines ended up being too overwhelming, so the USPS put an end to that.

So folks are getting mail delivery perhaps twice a month, and when they drive by the post office they know that their bills and meds and packages are sitting right inside, but they can't even go in during normal hours of operation and take possession of their stuff.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My grip with usps is they don't pick up outgoing mail from my house unless I receive mail. When I don't get any mail they don't have to pick up
    my outgoing bills with checks included. Up until the past few years I have thought the postal service did adecent job .But it is clear they are
    unable to serve the country as they have and should no matter how much money they receive to u[grade equipment and wages. Sometimes rurals areas are difficult for all shipping methods. Some of us are too far out in the boondocks, hiding as it were to the shippers. And you can no longer bribe a postman. They're changed out too often. We've got three part timers serving our route. Maybe we've brought it all on ourselves.

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Every day the USPS makes deliveries in the entire neighborhood a few times.

Bill Boggs, Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Bill, All our rural carriers here are contract carriers and when I lived in the country, they would only stop if someone in the group of mailboxes was getting mail even if someone had their box flag up. Even if I didn't have mail as long as they stopped, they would pick it up if I had the flag up. If I put mail in my box and forgot the flag, they would just shove in the new mail, even if they could clearly see what was in the box was outgoing.

I live on the outskirts of town and I am on the regular USPS employee route. For years we had one mailman except when he was on vacation. When he retired they made our route the "cut" route meaning that the drivers aren't guaranteed 8 hours a day and we no longer have a main regular delivery person. This of course has led to many problems including misdeliveries, late deliveries, no customer consideration in leaving packages in a safe place, etc. All they have to do is shove the packages behind a planter I put there for that purpose. It is easier to drop them 6 feet from my door out in plain sight and the weather. Sometimes the one with long arms will ring my bell but most don't. I installed a Ring camera on my doorbell, so I get an alert as they approach and can go out and meet them saving me from bending down and lifting. I don't blame the carriers but blame the supervisors that deal with numbers, not reality. The post office is no longer a good career choice. By using drivers that don't have guaranteed hours and are paid a lot less than the old drivers, they save a lot of money so they can offer very low commercial rates to big businesses.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We have a post office in Millinocket, only a couple of blocks from here but, for the past couple of months, at least, it seems that mail is only being delivered two or three times a week. When we do get mail, it's clear that there is more than one day's worth of it because the mail from the previous days is bundled with rubber bands.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Al Amoling

Registered

I order something and it was initially picked up in Andover MA, it then went to regional facility in Andover, MA. then it appeared in Southern CT regional facility, then it arrived at SO Maine Regional(usually last stop before go to my PO), Then left and arrived at Eastern Maine regional facility on Dec 3 at 12:30am.
    So who knows when I'll get it. At least it's not medications.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have not had mail problems that I can tell other than mail coming later in the day than usual which is probably because of volume due to Christmas. I check the USPS Informed Delivery website to know in advance what I should look out for. Sometimes there is a one day delay, and if something does not show up as it should, it’s only junk mail.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Day before yesterday, I got a text notification that "a package had been delivered to my mailbox at 2:40 p.m." My husband had just come from the mailbox and there was no such package. I checked tracking and see it came from Jupiter Florida but no indication of who the sender is...???? So I checked all my "usual" retailers to see if I had anything coming and I do not.

So no package and no idea of who sent it, why, or where it is.
    mystery.png

13. Al Amoling

Registered

I've got package in hand from Amazon that PO says I'll get my 9pm tonight

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Last week I looked up USPS Tracking on stuff I ordered from an Amazon reseller and it said "Left With Neighbor Per Your Request." I made no such request. There are no "neighbors" out here in the suburbia sense...my "neighbor" would be the big mailbox next to my big mailbox. Oddly, this was one of the rare times I didn't sign up for Notifications, so it's not as though I accidentally changed Delivery Instructions.

I went out to my mailbox and there it was.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Al Amoling

Registered

Well now the USPS is really messed up.....Yesterday the Informed Delivery told me I had 15 pieces of mail including 3 from Social Security..
    There was nothing there yesterday and today the 15 pieces are still in limbo in addition to the 3 supposedly in today's mail. The only thing in today's mail was a "gift pack" from Boy's town..I filed a complaint with USPS on-line....we'll see whether anything happens

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.