Arctic Sea Ice

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Don Alaska, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have posted before that the sea ice appears to be at the greatest extent I have seen in my 30+ years in Alaska. Here is a video showing what I mean
    Link

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Bad News Alarmists — Official Data Reveals Arctic Sea Ice is once again GROWING

"Arctic sea ice extent in January 2020 is sitting ABOVE levelsobserved in the years 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2012 (record low extent), 2011, AND 2010".

"Can you imagine the likes of The Guardian, for example, ever running with this? The source of the data isn’t some hokey-pokey conspiracy site — it’s America’s NSIDC, who boast being backed-up by NASA–and they have satellites and shit. No, the exclusion of charts like these reveals an agenda, and it should ring alarm bells for those with even the weakest of BS detectors".

3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Rather than man made faults we better worry about that AXIS shift of the earth that could happen one day. The earths crop cycles could be destroyed with a very minor shift. Now if you want to clean up the atmosphere then start with nations like china that produce some very dirty air, India and other third world nations that have little to no choice but coal and unregulated coal at that. We have lost millions of acres of the best farmland in America due to people expansion and builders and investors buying up all the land possible over the past 50 years. The point is we are going to starve ourselves to death if we ever get a repeat of past history. When I think of Soylent Green in the movie I now think about soy beans. They are used in just about everything edible today. They smell like rotten human flesh if left out in the weather, rot and stench. Just ask someone who cleans the hoppers of their combines after harvest, especially if they got lazy and cleaned after long rainy days after harvest. It is an eye opener after you smell it then find out you are eating it.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

But PITA or one of those groups tell us that the polar bears' habitat is shrinking every day. They even shows a mama bear and two little cubs walking up to the edge of a small ice floe and having nowhere to turn!!

I was gonna send them money, but I already contributed to Save the Seals, so I figured there was a conflicts of interest there.

al gore.jpg
    edit to add: it was a World Wildlife Fund ad.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Don Alaska and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  5. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Polar Bears need to be near the water. I think because of their long migration they always are changing their locations. They all know where those landfills are where the humans live. I don't think they would be any worse off than they are already, they handle their environment very well considering how hostile it already is.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

Not only are those nations the cause of the physical pollution, they are the cause of overpopulation. The only reason America has to build more housing is due to immigration...our native birth rate has been below replacement levels for quite a while.

Thomas Stillhere and Don Alaska like this.
  7. John Brunner

And if I recall correctly, their populations are swelling, not contracting.

Funny how all the "evolutionists" are the ones demanding we do whatever it takes to make things not change. I think they're confused.

8. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My 50-something neighbor is a useful idiot that just soaks up what he sees on TV (that's where I would peg him, although I don't really know his politics).

A few years ago we were talking and he mentioned something about climate change. So I noted that 15,000 years ago, right where we were standing, there was a one mile+ thick ice sheet. Where did it come from, and where did it go?

He's not brought up the subject since. Although a couple of weeks ago he said there was no natural immunity from having Covid so there's that. And there are tens of millions of Americans out there as clueless and duped as he is.

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yeah, polar bear populations are growing. It is the first time an animal has been listed as "threatened" when the populations are increasing and approaching record numbers (since the numbers were counted). The North Slope areas have Bear Patrols, as the bears cruise through the towns and villages at night--it is dark there for several months during the winter and the ice is in. There is some evidence that the polar bears are breeding with the grizzlies and are going back whence they came--from the brown bear population.

10. John Brunner

I can see being misinformed, but that should be a short-term and/or an infrequent condition. The lack of intellectual curiosity to even seek out data when someone flat contradicts you--and then continue to hold on to those positions--is wrong on so many levels.

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The Beringia Museum in Whitehorse, Yukon, had a display that talked about the Ice Ages, and the display stated that the climate had been generally warming for the past 15,000 years. Damn those primitive humans with their SUVs and coal-powered electrical plants. We'd still be living in a nice cool climate if they hadn't invent those all those millennia ago. I wonder if the display is still there, as I haven't been back there in several decades.

Bruce Andrew and Joe Riley like this.
  12. Bruce Andrew

Registered

I have no idea if he actually looked for any climate info outside of the mainstream and I did not ask. I am much more comfortable just planting the seed and hoping it grows. Nobody likes to admit they were totally wrong about something so I don't expect him to bring it up. Same for Covid immunity, but that was just a couple of weeks ago and I haven't seen him since.

Oh well, as the unique Walter E. Williams used to say, "Pushing back the frontiers of ignorance." :D

13. Bruce Andrew

Registered

Yes, the known facts about real "climate change" are out there. I don't recall the numbers now, but the last ice age lasted for tens of thousands of years. On a planet that is about 4.5 billion years old that doesn't even move the needle. And people think that temperature numbers 20, 50, 100 years old means anything? ;)

This isn't news, but there was a mini-ice age in Europe around the 1500s that lasted a century or so. Crops failed, farm animals starved, and people starved. Just old Mother Nature doing her thing. We adapt or we die.

14. John Brunner

Wasn't there a long-term absence of sun spots that caused that mini ice age? I just had to look up the term for it because I could not recall it: the Maunder Minimum.

Don Alaska and Bruce Andrew like this.
  15. Bruce Andrew

Registered

Yeah that sounds familiar.

John Brunner likes this.