Aquifers Around The World Are Drying Up !

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Over half of the aquifers in the world are going dry, according to the latest NASA report. The world has 37 major underground aquifers, and at least 21 of those are drying up, and are now past the point of no return.
    Many of the aquifers are in heavily-populated areas of the world, and the aquifers are their only pure supply of water in many cases, because so many of the rivers and lakes have become too polluted to provide drinkable water.
    As the water supplies diminish, famine will become even more widespread, and less crops will be able to be grown to feed people.
    Even drinking water will be scarce, and what little is left, will probably be expensive and regulated by the local governments of the areas that get water from the aquifers.

Due to the longime drought in California, they are now relying on the aquifers for about 60% of their drinking water, where it used to be only about 40%, so this is a pretty dramatic increase.
    California has already started water rationing, and other places may soon be following suit as the water supplies in the aquifers continue to dwindle.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-show-how-the-world-is-running-out-of-water/

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The world population is fast reaching the saturation point where the earth cannot produce enough to feed everyone. People dying from thirst and hunger along with all the wars to obtain the food and water available will sooner or later solve that problem.

Those who survive will be more or less starting over.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

All right, so let me see we have had major flooding in some areas. We are now having major earthquakes in other areas. We are now losing are drinking water. If I was someone who believed in the seven signs of the apocalypse I would start getting worried right about now. If I am not mistaken these are three signs right here. Maybe its all a coincidence but none of this is any good and certainly doesn't fair too well for the condition of the earth in general.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This news is not new to me. Our dams are experiencing low water level in the past years. Owe it to global warming. The extreme heat and extreme cold are clear indications of climate change and we really should do something about. Just this morning, there was this interview about the projected lack of water in Angat Dam, that is the main depot for water intended for Metro Manila. And in spite of the rains, almost everyday now, the admin of National Irrigation said that the projected water rationing is still a reality.

We have another dam nearest Metro Manila, that is the Wawa Dam in the province of Rizal. It is not yet fully utilized and one radio commentator said that there is too much politics that's why that Wawa dam is not being used until now.