Anyone Try The Super Greens Powders And Other Formulas

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, May 27, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a hard time now that I'm older getting enough of my greens and fruits on a daily basis. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a juicer and all the green vegetables and fruits it would take to give me what I need each day. I would much rather just have someone do that for me and then I buy the powder, etc. and add it to a smoothie or other things.

Does anyone do this and if so is it real expensive to buy the powders, etc. I watched an advertisement on some today but when I went to the website...theirs was very expensive. Then I went to Walmart and checked out theirs and they have different brands with different prices from low to high. I can't afford high but I'm wondering if the lower priced ones will give me what I need.

Does anyone use these products and if so can you share brands and if you really notice a difference in energy and health using this.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, never even heard of green powders. I eat a lot of veggies..even my snacks are veggies. Not all green but for the most part they are.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have tried a couple of the green powders, @Babs Hunt . As you know, I usually make my own green drinks with the blender, and I don’t want to use a juicer because I value having the fiber as well as the health benefits derived from the greens themselves.
    Bobby does not do any kind of greens drinks; but he does like making his whey protein drinks to help with the weight-lifting/muscle-building program.

I have found that it tastes fine to add a couple handfuls of spinach (or other greens) to one of the protein drinks, either vanilla or chocolate; so if I make a protein drink, I usually do that.
    The drink powders, I didn’t like just plain, but added to the protein drinks they are okay, or mixed in with my cranberry almond milk.
    One of the powders is already a chocolate protein drink, but it seemed thin to me just mixed with water, too; so I add that to my almond milk as well, which makes it thicker and tastes much better.

An interesting thing is that Bobby was reading how beneficial wheat grass is for helping prevent blindness.
    Since my little Chipper has been blind for a while now, I started mixing in about a half spoon of the greens powder into his canned dog food.
    He eats it just fine, and actually seems to be getting around the house better now, although we can see that he still is blind.
    I think that he is actually seeing a little bit better from adding the greens, and he also has a lot more energy than he did before I started giving them to him.

I don’t see any reason not to use the powdered greens, Babs, but I still like mine better with fresh, unprocessed greens in the drink or smoothie.

Babs Hunt likes this.