Anyone Read The Gospel Of Thomas?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Mary Stetler, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think I studied this one, but I have done intense study on many both Chrisitan and Jewish theologies.
    That was when my mind was more capable of many things. My studies took me into geography since that is another venue into about the people you're studying, my health is not what it used to be either.

John Houlihan likes this.
  2. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Like you, I also have studied Christian and Jewish theologies, though not intensely, but more than skin-deep. However, I have intensely studied the Eastern religions like Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism. The Eastern religions are almost totally different from Western religions. I think using the word "religion" with the East is a misnomer. In my opinion, all the so-called Eastern religions are much more like Eastern philosophy, psychology, and mythology. With the right attitude in studying Eastern thought, I have been able to get more answers in the search for my own personal truth. Namaste Marie.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I had to look that last one up and Namaste to you too John. It is a pleasure conversing with you.

John Houlihan likes this.
  4. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nowadays, Namaste has many meanings. I like the older spiritual meaning: "The Divine in me greets the Divine in you."

Marie Mallery likes this.