Anyone Own An Android Smart T V?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Denise Evans, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been reading about these and am interested, but would like to find someone "I know" here that has had some experience in owning one, or maybe knows someone that does?

Here's a clip about one. Guess they've been out a couple of years, maybe more. I hadn't heard of them until I started looking for a new smartTV ;)

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a 65in smart Android TV by Sony

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

No kidding!! This is great Al! Have you had it awhile and used to all the bells and whistles? Love to pick your brain a bit??

4. Al Amoling

Registered

I bought it Dec 2019. The one thing i hate about it is all the Google crap on it. I have used the bells and whistles that I wanted to use or was forced to use by Android. Pick away

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, oh I hear you on using only the ones you like, I'm the same and I certainly don't use near "all" the things ;)

Yes, google has it's mits in their for sure. I did here from the video I watched, that it is smoother and faster to navigate than say, my TCL Roku setup. Did you happen to have a smartTV prior to the Android Al? If so, did you like the differences, or where did you see most improvement?

I know it will be sort of a crap-shoot bringing one home, then, just trying it. I hate sending anything that big back to amazon, but our Walmart doesn't carry any Android SmartTVs. But wait, I may have just asked her if they had the Roku Android TV :confused: I'll check on that now and see! Would much rather purchase in person, and we do have a Fred Meyer up in Brookings Oregon, 23 miles from me. I could buy some cheaper gas up there while I'm at it ;)

6. Al Amoling

Registered

This was the first Smart-tv for us. We bought it because at the store it had the clearest picture....My wife has macular degeneration so the better the picture the easier for her.I bought ours at Best Buy.....The pictures are amazing. You can see all the imperfections in someone's complexion.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

What about the speakers Al, are they on the back, or underneath? I doubt they put any speakers on the front anymore, but maybe? I have a sound-bar, but useless imo, so I just use a bluetooth speaker next to my fave chair and it works great for when I am actually sitting down to watch something ;) Otherwise, I hear the sound on mine just fine if it's just music, or Ambience type vids with fireplaces cracking, rain, wind yada yada yada ;)

8. Al Amoling

Registered

Speakers are on back I don't have a sound bar. with my hearing problem I don't invest in acoustical add ons.

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I invested in the sound bar precisely because of my compromised hearing. It is much clearer than the TV speakers for me when it counts. I wouldn't buy this particular smart TV if I were to get a new one, but I think it is just the brand (Vizio), not the type of TV.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

My are on the bottom towards the front at least, and for me, that helps me hear. I don't like how speakers seem to be "bass" happy, for young people! I don't like how the music blasts in movies, but you can't hear the talking clearly unless you turn it up. This is just for me and my hearing or lack thereof. I have hearing aids on the way, but don't seem to see people that are truly happy with them. I guess I'll be finding out.

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If your television connects to Wifi, it should have Bluetooth on it, @Denise Happyfeet . Then you can connect a Bluetooth headset or earbuds to your television and should be able to hear everything much better. Any smart television will have Bluetooth, and I think that Roku connects with Bluetooth as well; so that would mean that your television should work with Bluetooth speakers.

Bobby and I seldom even turn on our television anymore (for the last couple of years) and mostly when we have possible tornadoes in the area. Otherwise, we both use our iPads to watch videos or movies, and we often just use the headphones or earbuds to listen, that way we can each be watching different programs and not disturb each other, plus the sound is stereo and much better quality.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I have Ambience going during the daytime, like Christmas with decorations and music, sometimes with snowfall, love those since we don't get snow here.

My TCL Roku doesn't have Bluetooth, but I bought a tiny adapter so can use Bluetooth devices, like the tiny Tribit speaker I love. It's nice because I can sit it next to me and hear perfectly, but don't bother the neighbors. I don't like head-set or earbuds, uncomfy but thank you for the suggestions ;)

TCLs are probably the most inexpensive Roku TVs, which yes, it's smartTV but not as fancy as some ;) 32" and I'm thinking a bit bigger screen on my next, main TV, then put this one in my bedroom. I really do love the Walk through videos I shared here. They are so relaxing and even my TCL has a sleep-timer. I was going to move from here but decided I have too many roots now I guess, and just don't want to start over. So now I'm just focused on making my Apartment as cozy as possible. Having fun redecorating after a few years, 6 years come Jan. 7th ;)