Anyone Have a UFO Experience?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by John Stone, Feb 11, 2015.

1. John Stone

John Stone Veteran Member
    Registered

I just posted in another thread that I spent a lot of time looking for UFOs as a kid and never saw one as far as I know. Not to say they don't exist. There's most certainly other intelligent life, including more intelligent life, out there in the universe. Some of the planetary systems have been evolving for billions of years longer than earth has been in existence. So has anyone ever seen a UFO you thought was alien or at least some high level gov't technology or even encountered what you thought might be ETs?

Alice Williams likes this.
  2. Adam Fields

Adam Fields Veteran Member
    Registered

Even though I have never personally encountered anything that I believe to be UFO's I do in fact believe that life exists outside of Earth. Given the vast space that the universe is it is almost impossible that Earth is the only planet that inhabits life. Years ago I did quite a bit of research on this topic. There is an equation dubbed Drake's Equation that states that given the infinite space of the universe that it is impossible for Earth to be the only planet to harbor life.

3. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

On May 8th 2013 I saw something really weird in the sky in broad daylight. I was driving to a local pizzeria with my son and he said to me" MOM check that out in the sky what is that"- I looked up and saw something very weird looking. I have never seen anything like that before, it was almost like a flying L shape. I was driving so I could not watch, but we were almost there and I figured I would look closer when I parked, My son says "OMG it just disappeared. " I had already convince myself he must be wrong because the sky was crystal clear, whatever this was it had to be heading to the airport. I got out and looked everywhere, it was indeed gone, only about 3 minutes had passed and I was (and still am) confused how we would not have seen it move in a downward trajectory. Just then two fighter jets came roaring up from behind us, while we ate dinner we saw more fighters come in from over Lake Erie. Personally I think this could have been some sort of drone, where it went I am not sure, it was not moving to fast and was not very high in the sky altitude wise. It was very shiny silver and I thought maybe we could not see it because it was reflecting back the blue from the sky. You know if the angle of the craft (plane? Drone?) had shifted.

There was only a very small blurb in the local paper, no other news coverage of any sort.

Alice Williams and John Stone like this.
  4. John Stone

Registered

That's really interesting and it fits with the pattern of a lot of UFO sightings. From what I've read, usually some weird object appears in the sky and a few minutes later you see some jet fighters in hot pursuit. Then the UFO just pops out of view or accelerates at impossible speed to somewhere else. The whole thing is just weird. It's obvious the military / government knows more than they're saying.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I do not know if what I saw was a UFO, or some kind of hi-tech military plane. It was going faster than anything I have seen in my whole life, I do know that.
    It was a hot summer night in southern Idaho, and I was sitting outside in the lounge chair and looking at the stars. All of a sudden, I saw what looked like about 5 speeding objects racing across the sky. To my complete amazement, the lights all suddenly made a coordinated 90 degree turn, raced over the horizon, and disappearred.
    Since it would be almost impossible for any planes to have executed that perfect turn; I thought they must be some kind of UFO's.
    Recently, I started listening to Caravan to Midnight on the internet, and they have a V-shaped black craft on their main page. I am now pretty sure that this is what i saw, and if it were one enormous craft with 5 lights, it would indeed have been able to make that perfect 90 degree turn that I saw it do.

Alice Williams and John Stone like this.
  6. Adam Fields

Adam Fields Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you ever follow up on it? As in, make any reports or tell anyone about what you saw? That sounds very odd. If it was indeed a craft of some sort it would've had to have been either extraterrestrial in origin or some sort of secret military experiment. Either way your story is very interesting.

7. John Stone

Registered

Those V-shaped craft are pretty well documented. There was even a case where one flew over Southern Illinois and St. Louis and was reported by many law enforcement officers. The only thing about those is that they look very similar to a stealth bomber. The only time I thought I saw a UFO it was actually a stealth bomber - huge, silent and leaving no jet trail. Those things are awesome if you are a "friendly". I can imagine they are incredibly scary if you are an enemy. They still can't make 90 degree turns though. And there's still all those testimonies from former military officers and high level politicians to consider. There's plenty of them that say UFO's are real in the sense they are not any known military technology humans have.

8. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's a debatable topic, I personally never have seen Ufo, but some time ago I watched a lot of documentaries of people talking about experiencing such a situation.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Another huge flash of white light has just been seen over southern Russia, and they are saying that whatever caused it is unknown at this point in time.
    Last year, they had that amazing asteroid, or whatever it was, that streaked across the sky, and at the same time; there were reports of a huge sinkhole opening in the same region, leading to speculation that something hit the earth there that was large enough to create the enormous hole in the ground.
    This time, there was nothing seen streaking across the sky, just the sudden flash of light, and the video shows it lighting up the whole sky.
    Was this natural or something manmade, possibly some kind of a bomb going off somewhere ? Might it have been a UFO ? No definative answers at this time, apparently....

http://rt.com/news/241629-russia-ufo-flash-light/

10. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

No, never, but some time ago I watched a lot of documentary programmes about UFO.

11. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Some years ago 5 of us rode motorcycles to lake Palestine just before dark on my right I saw an object looking like a 30-06 round over the trees on my right it had a low humming noise coming from it with 4 circles glowing orange on the rear it was just at treetop altitude moving very slow almost in a hover we were less than 500 yds from it weather was perfect visibility we 5 observed it for awhile maybe half hour watching it block the trees when it went by them in front of the trees finally we all rode on as it passed just overhead of us
    later that night we all went to eat at a truck stop and got pens and paper and asked all to draw what we all saw all matched perfectly what we all 5 saw I do not know but 5 adults all saw the same thing that was the closest we ever saw anything like that but I have seen 2 others that lit up our area at 9pm like daylight and were all over the news that night but not 1 word the next day. The object was about 50' long and a diameter of 40' or more.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I've seen all kinds of weird stuff, but I could never make out a saucer or other shape. They were usually just strange lights that silently hovered. I once saw an exploding green fireball though.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I saw an orange one in the middle of the day. I was probably 14 or so.

Don Alaska likes this.