Anyone Have A Dental-bridge That Is Giving Them Trouble

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Denise Evans, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

after a lot of years? Mine was done in or around 93, so I've had it a long time.

Mine was built using the teeth on each side of the "missing tooth" they had to pull. I never had any issues ever with it. But now, in the last month or so, I've noticed it is sensitive to heat, and hurts if I accidentally bite into something hard, like a nut, or seed maybe.

I did go see a dentist about 2 weeks ago, and he took xrays and saw nothing wrong with the bridge. He did say there could be more going wrong, but that he just told me to be sure and do the "floss" thing that goes under etc. which I have always done. I've just concerned about what they might have to do as it's still giving me some discomfort:(

I still have my own teeth, and certainly don't want them to have to pull them, but also, all I can think they can do, is remove the "caps" on the two teeth to see if there are any cavities etc.?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter is a dentist, I'll ask her your question.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

oh wow, yes, ask her what would be the next step since the xrays he took didn't show the inside of the caps I guess?? That seems so weird, but thanks bunches @Chrissy Page !!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Although I have a sensitive tooth on the bottom and I'm always complaining about it. It's sensitive to cold.

My daughter has looked at it and so has my son when I was in Illinois because I did have a cavity in another tooth that he had to fill when I was there. This tooth is on the other side.

X rays show nothing. My daughter told me to use sensodyne toothpaste long ago and I do but it still bugs me.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Yeah, that can really wear on you too. I had some tooth sensitivity at one time, and was told not to use any toothpaste that had whitening on it. But I think that only means the abrasive stuff. I haven't had any of those problems for a long time. Just this new issue:(

Chrissy Cross likes this.