Anyone Had Blocked Tear Duct Surgery?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Neville Telen, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Neville Telen

Registered

Probably for the same reason you do not envy me....I suspect everyone is paranoid when it comes to surgery, and never more so than with their eyes. After reading horror stories of back surgeries, fused discs, and how many regret having it done, I'd like some 'user reviews' prior to risking my eye.

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Neville Telen
    Boy, after reading the link through, I envy you even less now. Facing this soon.....what are the consequences of disallowing the procedure? I assume your tears flow outward now, externally? One eye only?
    Frank

Neville Telen likes this.
  5. Neville Telen

Registered

No surgery means my right eye will continue to fill up with tears every 3 to 4 minutes (which blurs my vision), and stay sore from the constant wiping and dabbing with a kleenex.

6. Neville Telen

Registered

So on the off chance anyone is curious, I got the tear ducts 'clipped' today. Not as bad as Google made it out to be, nor as bad as I was prepared for. Went in, he put some anesthetic eyedrops in. Few minutes later some sort of novacaine shot at the corner of the eye near the nose. That was the worst part. Then worked some sort if thread-like tube through the tear duct, and flooded it with saline water, which passed through the nose then into my mouth. Snipped the tear duct. Another irrigation. Repeated the process on the upper tear duct. Lastly, antibiotic eyedrops. When I got home, icy compress finally took down the swelling. Still sore, but the constant dripping seems to have stopped.

Frank Sanoica and Nancy Hart like this.