Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I ordered some Amazon brand coffee and a couple of others. I also bough a variety of bags from Walmart. I've bought Hills Bros. coffee cheap from Walmart online many times, but they no longer have the regular roast except at over twice the cost from a Reseller. Their Dark Roast is OK if I cut it with regular.

This stinks. I like 8 O'Clock. It's cheap, and used to be in stock locally. I usually mix in a better quality coffee and it makes a good cup.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

Kind of makes you wonder if these tracking features are any real use if they can't be relied upon.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

They used to be. The dysfunction gets compounded here when UPS hands off stuff to our postal service at the final leg of the journey in sparsely populated areas like mine.

4. Reen Davis

Registered

Well I'm still waiting for news of my parcel - beginning to think it's been sent elsewhere by mistake -
    so if someone gets a parcel they didn't order - I hope they like feeding wild birds :D

5. John Brunner

"Mom, this cereal tastes funny."

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Good luck with still getting your package, @Reen Davis . Since this is the holiday season, mail is probably running slower right now, it always does over here anyway.
    Most of the delivery places let you know if something is delivered. I get notices from USPS, UPS, and Amazon when they do deliver, or when the package is lost. that helps me a lot to know what became of it, and if it says delivered and I didn’t get it, then we start trying to track it down. They are supposed to scan everything when they deliver, so they know exactly where it was dropped off, but that does not always happen.

John Brunner and Reen Davis like this.
  7. Reen Davis

Registered

:D

It certainly would - it's suet cakes and if I remember correctly - they have mealworm in them !! :D

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Reen Davis

Registered

Thank you - I'm hoping it comes tomorrow - especially as I've had to cancel an appointment
    for the morning to ensure I was here for delivery.

I had forgotten about the doorstep scanning - but I remember now, it happened once before when I ordered
    from the same shop. Thanks for the reminder :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I got a package and opened it without my glasses on. It was a book that I would not have ordered. The address was near my farm so I just took it over there with a note. I am not a porch pirate. I just can't see close up.:rolleyes:

10. John Brunner

I've done that. There was a long package for someone up the street & around the corner that would not fit in my mailbox so it was just leaned against the post. I was headed that way anyway, so it was no big deal to drop it off on my way to Walmart.

Mary Stetler and Reen Davis like this.
  11. Reen Davis

Registered

Well I got an update about my delivery this morning
    Parcel has been damaged beyond repair in transit and cannot be delivered !

So been in touch with store - the man I spoke to was very apologetic and said
    they have already been informed by the delivery company that the parcel was damaged
    and had been destroyed.
    He said I could either have replacement order for delivery after Christmas or get a refund -
    I chose the refund - really don't want to go through all the carry on again with that delivery
    company. So at least that saga is done with and I can think about other things now. :)

12. John Brunner

That stinks. I once had Fed Ex drop off a package in my driveway that belonged to my neighbor. It was large and very heavy. I didn't even hear the truck pull in my driveway, but I did hear the package hit the ground when the guy shoved it off of the end of the truck. It was all beat up.

At least you saved some money.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Still seeing a lot of expired "year" registration tag on numerous vehicles here. From what I can see, it's all young folks that don't want to take care of their registration. Drove into a McDonald's, for some breakfast, and when a large number of Seniors where there (in the lobby talking) and all of their vehicles were up-to-date with registration tag.

So, it's either they can't pass the Smog Inspection, and don't want to pay for repair/repairs, or they simply don't care and let it go. One thing for sure, law enforcement in So California red-light anyone with expired tags.

And, it's become a "trend" for young folks not to attach the other license plate to the front of their vehicle. They will display it on the dash, whereas it's suppose to be on the front. Colorado has two license plates, front and rear.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Wisconsin people get pulled over for that. Senior or Junior.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we don't know what's going on in this city, but we sure see enough expired year tags on vehicles. Perhaps the Chief of Police here has put "expired tags" as a very low priority. Then again, the police force here is pretty small, compared to the population here now.

I just went to McDonalds for some breakfast to take home. I know that numerous Seniors go there on Friday morning to meet. I drove slow enough to tell that, the cars I looked at, all had 2023 year tag on the back plate. I've seen a car, that is parked in our complex, with tags that say 1-22 (Jan 2022)............a year old!

And, people here have no problem driving around a vehicle with expired tag on the plate. It's like, "I don't care" or "I haven't got the money to fix the emissions problem I have, so........"