Anyone Else Following The Suv Cliff Crash In Mendocino?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Kitty Carmel, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry my title isn't all that clear but it's been on the news a lot in the U. S.. I won't post a link. It's a gay couple with six adopted kids. There have been reports of possible abuse and Child Protective Services reports prior to their SUV going over the cliff in Mendocino, into the ocean below. They believe it was deliberate.

I don't know it just seems weird. This may sound offensive but I can't help it. The parents remind me of pet hoarders. They seemed to bring these kids to events and garnered attention. CNN has shown a picture of the kids in this meditation pose. Kids don't want to sit around meditating. They want to run around.

This whole thing seems so strange. Had those mothers adopted the kids and then felt overwhelmed? Could reports have been made by people because they were a gay couple and some people didn't like that? Possible. But if there was no problem, no one is going to kill themselves and their family over false reports.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have heard it mentioned, but I haven't followed it. It sounded like they deliberately drove over the cliff with all kids aboard. I suspect it is not covered much as it would cast gay adoptions in a bad light.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

On the radio, I heard something about a complaint that had been filed with child protective services or something, and that they were scheduled for a visit from the social services people.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks like it's going to be classified as a murder/suicide thing. The parents were being investigated by child welfare services and were, apparently, suppose to talk with them. Apparently the children were being disciplined very badly. There was a good chance they could lose custody of the kids, so they took themselves and the kids out.

Another one of those situations of "If I can't keep my kids, nobody will get them".

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Ive been following it. It's in our local news almost daily. I'm familiar with that stretch of highway also.

The first time I read it, I had a bad feeling about it being intentional.

3 of the six were missing but I think they found one yesterday.....forget the details.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ing-past-riddled-abuse-allegations/484738002/

Well I hope you don't mind that I added a link @Kitty Carmel Until I saw your thread I hadn't heard anything about this family on the News...but then I haven't been watching the News every day anymore.

From the link above it definitely sounds like the accident could have been deliberate. One thing is for sure...there was problems going on in that family, problems that were sometimes reported and sometimes just wondered about. It seems also that the adults would just up and move the kids whenever anyone got to "nosy" about what was going on in their family.

Unfortunately there is way to much of this kind of stuff going on now days...and not enough done about it. Kids should not have to grow up with abuse or neglect...or even worse. Life sucks big time often.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for posting the link @Babs Hunt

@Chrissy Cross I know what you mean about this feeling you sometimes get when you hear or see something on the news. The minute I saw Scott Peterson on the news I thought "he did it" in regards to killing his wife. I just knew it.

@Cody Fousnaugh It is really sounding like there were some bad issues going on within that family. Yet they seemed to try to show themselves as this ultra cool family. I'm assuming the pictures shown on the news have been culled from social media.

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That figures. Bernie Sanders Democrats.

Bobby Cole likes this.