Any Thoughts On Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Susan Paynter, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thank you all for your views on this topic. As Yvonne suggested, it does make a good thread.
    After reading all the above responses, I have so many questions and answers racing through my mind I am at a loss to put it down on paper.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Susan Paynter

Registered

Upto a point in my life I believed what was passed on from the elders. Then I developed my own type of belief, still following my faith, but in my own way. Still beleiving in my faith and the coming of Christ. Imo what happens to us after life, very much depends on how we live our life, what circumstances have caused us grief, hardships or happiness. In this life, whatever difficult paths we come across, with faith, we can overcome them without much ado, in my experience.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's a question that cannot be answered.

I find it interesting that Eastern cultures might be more comfortable with the ambivalence than we are.

D'Ellyn Dottir and Lulu Moppet like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

That's sort of a different subject. Some are born into hardships that are unceasing, thus undermining the luxury of ever having a "this too shall pass" demeanor...'cause No, it won't.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

In most cemeteries, you'll find at least one tombstone that says some variation of this...

Remember friend as you walk by
    As you are now so once was I
    As I am now you will surely be
    Prepare thyself to follow me.

I suppose that's the only certainty I feel at this point. I honestly can't imagine living forever, or why anyone would want to. I have had an interest lately in stories about the dying seeing or speaking to an entity not seen/heard by others in the room. Fairly common phenomenon, so it makes me wonder.

6. Susan Paynter

Registered

Dwelling on our past especially if it was uneventful or regretful will not make it right, there is always today and tomorrow to make and leave with better memories, is what I believe.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Lulu Moppet and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Susan Paynter

Registered

Those born in hardships, go through their miseries coping in their own way and then when realization strikes or maturity sets in they can mend their past. It's how each one relates to it. All these life changes may or could affect our after life experiences. We will wait our time and see!!

8. Tommy Gunne

Tommy Gunne Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

People are afraid to die so we invented an after life.

9. Susan Paynter

Registered

We all know we have to go one day. It all depends on each person's situation at the end of their time. As you said people are afraid to die, yes it's TRUE. Some are ready to go others are not. So Invention or not, imo, some people have experienced paranormal interventions.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Many years ago, my mom was reading an old book (from the late 1800’s) called “Scenes Beyond the Grave”, which was an account of a person who went into a coma, and when she came back out of the coma, she recounted what she had seen during that time.
    I have not read the book, but I am looking at it on Amazon and thinking about reading it. According to the information about the original book, it was written in kind of a convoluted fashion and hard to understand, which makes sense since it was initially written well over a hundred years ago. However, they have newer versions that were put into simpler words that can be understood easily.

Edgar Cayce is another interesting person. Even though he related messages while in a sleeping trance, he definitely knew things that were far beyond his time, and what most people knew back then. This implies that there is a lot more to our existence than we are aware of, in my opinion.

Many Christians believe in what is called the “Holy Trinity”, spoken of as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. If we look at that, it can be thought of as the Mind, the Body, and the Spirit; also implying that there is more to us than just a physical body.

Susan Paynter likes this.
  11. Susan Paynter

Registered

Well said, Yvonne.

I will try and get those books. In fact, I just finished reading one, and was wondering what next.!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes...I find afterlife highly overrated.

13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the whole AFTER LIFE CONCEPT but never have been able to accept or believe any part of it.
    I have no problem with those that do.

Lulu Moppet and Tommy Gunne like this.
  14. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good.
    There is one reason for hope.

Remember who is remembered, even after thousands of years ? (while most people are forgotten, never to be even thought of again, there are a few who will always be remembered, lived with, living in eternity, though not for the purpose of thinking nor dwelling upon them nor for them.

Remember Who Did Come Back, Raised From the Grave ? (never to die again, ever)

He Is Our Only Hope, Forever.

15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

What does Bill Boggs know about anything. Nothing. He can't spell good
    so he can't be knowing much or good at much. He ain't good for nothing.

Lulu Moppet likes this.