Any Rc Hobbist Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes there is, Thomas...I had an operational Pipe Organ in my other home before I moved to the High Desert. An engineer friend of mine gave me a 61-pipe rank of Flute d' Amour pipes in 4-foot pitch, which I mounted on a combination windchest-regulator and powered with the exhaust wind from a vacuum cleaner!
    The pipe valves were electromagnetic direct-action. I wired up an organ keyboard to the pipes.

It sounded like a small, bright Pipe Organ, because it was!

Here's the beautiful Conn 620 Electronic Theater Organ which I replaced with my Grand Piano: I had it wired up to a full rank of wooden pipe resonators energized by speakers in the pipe chest.

Hal
    conn562.JPG

Von Jones and Thomas Stearn like this.
  2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

That seems to have been quite an ingenious idea of yours to use a vacuum cleaner and to wire up an organ keyboard to the pipes. I wonder why you replaced the theater organ with a grand piano? Space can't have been the reason then.

BTW, I'd be curious to know what type of music you please yourself and your wife with when playing the Grand Piano? Could you name some titles and possibly post a video with one or two of those songs?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Thomas, I would be happy to answer your post about my musical interests and talents if you would re-enter it in the Music Category of our Forum, because I have a large reply to what you're asking for, OK?

Thanks,
    Hal

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Will do but am unsure about which thread in the music forum to put it in. Can you tell me which one?