Any Geeks In The House?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by K E Gordon, Jul 25, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure this is the right place for this, as this thread seems to be dedicated to the forum mostly, but I have a W9 I scanned here on this Windows 8 computer, and it is not showing up anywhere. I need to attach it to an email, It is supposed to be a Jpg file, but is not anywhere in those picture files. I used to do this all the time on my win 7 computer, but I have looked for it everywhere an is not on here. I also have a BMP file with the same scan. Where could it be? When I do a search nothing is coming up. My roommate can probably help me, as he is pretty geeky...but he is not here and won't be back for a few hours. THis is maddening...delay, delay. I would appreciate any help, Thanks:):)

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon. Usually when I scan a document to forward in an email it needs to be saved or downloaded. Try looking in under Start button then Windows Fax and Scan and see if your document is listed there.

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Right, but I can't find it to download It isn't giving me that option. It is already saved on the computer. I will look under the windows fax and scan and see if it is there though. Thanks Von, I will see if that might be the location.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I sometimes experience the difficulty of finding a file in the hard disk since there are gazillions of folders to look up. So what I do now is to remember the file name. For example, the pic of avocado, I would save it as avocado. When I need that picture file, all I do is to search the name avocado (with qualifier of picture so the search will be faster). Presto, the avocado picture is presented in an instant. It's too hard to search for a file in folders when you don't even know what folder that file is in.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.