Any Campers Here?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We use to like to camp and travel but last year was last rrip to beach July 7th,2020. So its been a year since we went anywhere.
    We also bring a tent in case we want to set up more room.
    I'm about to hit 72 hubby of 45 years is 66. I need to get out of the woods soon ,lol. Time for a trip for sure!
    I never have liked motels or sleeping in multiple occupant beds so always take our beds with us .

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Marie, do you know that, in your title, you put "Ant", not "Any"? You can change the spelling of your title.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

:oops: no I didn't catch tht,thanks for imput. I'm trying to get use to new vision problems since stroke but sometimes I don't catch it.
    Of my guess some think I'm talking about ants when camping,:mad:I get mad at myself for not paying more attention.

Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Last camping trip we went on was for a online group called Colorado Fishermen in 2004 to lake we went to quite often with our old bowrider boat. And, that was the last time we'd ever sleep in sleeping bags inside a tent and make supper on campsite stove. After that trip, got rid of all our camping gear. No more camping for us, and when we do take a trip, we stay at the Marriott, Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta. Love a free breakfast!

Didn't go anywhere overnight in 2020, but this year, so far, been to Colorado Springs for part of a weekend and spent almost a week in Dodge City, Kansas. Both dealing with professional rodeo. This coming December, we are flying to Las Vegas for a few days of "cowboy" stuff aka National Finals Rodeo. Vegas turns out big-time for this event..........and I do mean "big time".

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

That sounds like fun.We never go more than 500 miles away usually have to get back to hens and gardens,but I'd like to see Colorado.I miss going to mountains although more like foothills but they are beautiful when it snows.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

That is neat that we can edit titles here too.:cool:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've done my share of camping but it's been a while.

The best invention ever is the light dome tents. If you happen to set up on top of tree roots, just pick the thing up and move it over.

I take it you have an RV?

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Tents sure have gotten easier to set up past couple decades thats for sure,plus now they have things like Bed In A Bag that sets right up with frame and all,it only weighs 50 lb.s. Blows up to firmness you want.Of course my kids don't camp! I told them they could visit and I could set them up nicely in the yard they all said no way.There're just in the early 50s so not old. Not like they didn't camp out as children with us lots of times.all of them are in good health and shape too.They said last time we set up tent in their back yard looked like a space craft landed there,lol

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

My dad bought one of these and set it up to sleep 8 of us...uncomfortably I might add:

[​IMG]

You learned to not touch the sink when you grabbed the refrigerator handle. The thing wasn't grounded very well, so actually it fit right in with my relatives.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats a nice little camper but considering you have to haul it ,load it a tent would be my preference. Our tent stays in our van so when it gets uncomfortable we cn get out.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

When we lived in Indiana, the camper was taken to Muskegon State Park, MI and left for the season. When we lived in Virginia, the camper was taken to Eagle's Nest Campgrounds outside of Ocean City, MD and left for the season. We towed it the beginning/end of the summer with the International Travelall, and drove back & forth during the summer in cars.

I don't recall any road trips, with or without the trailer. We did buy a large tent at one point as a guest house so older siblings could bring friends to camp for the weekend. That trailer got even more crowded if it rained and we had company.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

That is good that you could park it,plus I wasn't thinking when I commented, ours was bigger so it was more of a hassle than your would be.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

Heck, I would not want to tow it from place to place. The idea of an RV sounds nice, but don't you have to pack every morning and unpack every evening? Stuff's gotta be secured, don't it?

I've got friends who take their RV to bluegrass festivals all up & down the east coast. I've never been with them, so I don't know what the routine is. I imagine they stay put for several days at least.

Teresa Levitt and Marie Mallery like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Not too much into Blue Grass. I like a couple of the old songs.
    We keep things in the van like cook ware,coffee pot,paper plates or plastic dinnerware, bedding, ,etc..

15. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Tent makers lie through their teeth. For instance, the last tent I bought, the box said "easily erected by one person". Suuuure, if that person has a minimum of three arms and an unlimited capacity for frustration and pinched fingers.

It also said, "Sleeps Six". Yeah.......but only if they are six midgets into group sex.

It broke my heart when we sold our beloved fifth wheel that we had traveled in for months at a time for the last 10 years. I'll never go back to a tent, though. These old bones need their comfort. We might buy something smaller because I'm getting the wanderlust again.