Anti-vaccination Movie Pulled Due To Pressure

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My friend's grandson is autistic. His father said they think the child's mother taking antidepressants during pregnancy was what caused it.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that this issue needs debating and both sides need to be heard, but the issue over the banning of this documentary, is that it is directed by a discredited doctor who falsified results from a suspect research project, so it's viewing is only likely to cause more confusion.

What is needed is a properly controlled scientific survey and officially accredited statistics made available, this would make a more meaningful documentary that we could digest and come to our own conclusions regarding this matter.

Chrissy Cross and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Terry Page

Registered

Pretty much every link that you @Martin Alonzo are posting is getting a warning of false information and vested interests etc. Even Dr Sherri Tenpenny's own sites have amber warnings

Screenshot 2016-03-31 at 16.58.49.png
    Screenshot 2016-03-31 at 16.56.45.png

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

What the CDC documents say about vaccine.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am not speaking to the accuracy of any particular web site, but anyone can rate a web site through WOT, and any group of people with an agenda could give a web site a poor trust rating, simply by rating it poorly.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Terry Page

Registered

I agree Ken but whenever I get these warnings it prompts me to read more around the subject and make up my own mind.

8. Terry Page

Registered

The problem is this is all anecdotal, we need a scientific appraisal then we can decide.

Of course we could stop using all vaccines and go the natural route, where mankind eventually develops immunity over time through survival of the fittest, which is what happened in the past, before vaccines were developed.

A lot of people would die in the process of course, millions in fact to achieve this immunity, but ironically it could be argued that would solve the overpopulation issue.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

See that's where we have a difference of opinion...and I can guarantee you if it would have been your child that was affected by a vaccine....you wouldn't need a scientific appraisal either. Thank God parents are more interested in the welfare of their children than scientific appraisal.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, I understand where you are coming from Babs because nothing is 100% safe and you happened to be affected by that small chance and of course it's going to hurt. I might say the same if my child was involved in a bad way but I've seen many cases where nothing bad happened, in fact all of them that I know.

I'm sure some diabetics have died from insulin injections...should we ban insulin?

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

While I have deep empathy for families affected by death of children due to vaccines, this is the same thing I was thinking. Everything has risks and it's extremely horrible when someone dies from it. But there are whole websites and Facebook pages full of stories of children who've gotten very ill, and often died from eating... or in rare cases even touching peanuts. We can't take Jif and Skippy from the shelves and ban peanut butter.

The reason I thought of this is because a family member DID almost die from insulin when her local-yokel drugstore thought it would be fine to substitute the cheaper generic stuff not realizing that the dosage had to be changed for the cheaper stuff. (A good argument to use trained pharmacists!)

A friend almost died from hypertension meds. My dad nearly... well, I can't even think about that, but again, same story. Whenever I got a vaccination for my daughter, I *knew* the risks and I knew what could happen in some cases, probably (not sure) had to sign papers stating I knew. I KNEW she could get polio from the vaccine... didn't we all? But still made the choice we deemed wisest and less risky.

I'm all for full disclosure, but to try to change people's minds by playing dirty... that's just not the way it should be done.

Also keep in mind the fanatics who withhold vital meds from their children and rely only on prayer for healing... how many of them die? Now, I'm all for prayer, and I've seen some miracles happen that I've never even discussed with anyone, but I also believe that God expects us to use our natural intelligence and know when a leukemia patient needs treatment, etc. Or know when a child with juvenile diabetes needs insulin.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well said, Mari. My thoughts exactly on everything you stated.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  13. Terry Page

Registered

Babs I wasn't meaning to dismiss the terrible pain of loss that individual parents of children, adversely affected by vaccinations go through, but looking at the overview of the issue concerning the relative dangers of vaccines.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also anything can go wrong at anytime with anything, there are risks in everything we do. Every time I get a shot for something, I worry a little that I'll have one of the rare side effects but I still choose the shot. Last one was for shingles.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe you @Terry Page. It's just that while I respect everyone's opinions this is a subject that has hit home for me personally so I understand why parents are no longer just accepting what "experts" say here. No one can tell them for sure if their child will have an adverse affect to those vaccines or not...and they are not willing to gamble with their child's life and I don't blame them.

Terry Page likes this.