Anti-trump Nonsense In The Media And Online

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

They continue to under estimate President Elect Trump, as they have from the beginning. The media is out of the loop, and growing loopier!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Draining the swamp will take time and will be messy!;)

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a relative who was a total Hillary supporter, and for the last few months he has become more and more adamant in his posts against Trump; but today, he had the strangest anti-Trump conclusion that I have heard of yet.
    He claims that he has been informed that the Christian right voted for Donald Trump because they believed him to be the anti-Christ, and they thought that by electing Trump as president, that would usher in the second coming of Jesus.
    Of course, then he went on to say that all of the Christians who voted for Trump for that reason are now responsible for whatever Trump does and all of the bad things that happen from anti-Christ.
    I have no idea where he came up with this idea; but I have never seen anywhere that the people who thought Donald Trump was the anti-Christ were going to vote for him as president so that the world would end sooner.
    There is no end to what the liberal mind can come up with, I guess.....

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

All they can do is spin, spin, spin!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

People like that need therapy their logic is dislocated

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

One of the reasons I voted for Trump was that I see him as less religious than most of the far right Republicans.

There were other reasons also and there were things I didn't like about him but could live with...different people like Trump for different reasons, so I think whatever he does as President he'll be making somebody happy. :)

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Only trouble is that most therapists are liberals and a little whacky themselves. :)

Ike Willis likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Don't forget that many of these people were criticizing Trump during the primary for being a liberal Democrat. Once he got the nomination, suddenly he became a card-carrying member of the Ku Klux Klan, the American Nazi Party, and the religious right, while simultaneously raping every woman he came across. They're desperate, and they don't even care if they're consistent in their arguments because they don't plan on sticking with any one thing long enough to defend it. Remember that, when women were coming forward to make accusations against Trump, they didn't follow any of these stories through, looking for evidence for or against any one of these accusations. No, as soon as one allegation started fading from the headlines, they had another woman step forward.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Obviously the rape and sexist strategy didn't work because I read that a lot of white women went with Trump.

10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I went looking for a concise explanation of the term 'extinction burst' to post, as an explanation of what is going on (The leftists didn't get their way, and are having tantrums. Instead of being ignored, they are receiving a lot of press/attention, and are thus being rewarded for their behavior, causing it to increase.), and I came across this article from the Daily Kos, about the subject, with regard to the Tea Party movement.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Me to! It's going to be very interesting to see what happens after Mr. Trump takes the Presidential seat at the White House. Very interesting.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I agree @Cody Fousnaugh ...even though I voted for him I'm not exactly sure how he will preside. I'm not too worried because I feel there won't be too much change in my life...there never has been during any other President.

13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes paying attention to something increases it potential. I remember when at Halloween the news media reported about someone putting pins in apples no one had done it before. Next year we started to hear about razor blades and poison in the treats where did they come up with this idea probably from the first publicized time. The news media have been known to setup phony seen to get attention and in doing so set the agenda. The news media are as much to blame as the protesters.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes @Martin Alonzo I agree and I see it too. And if a skeptic like me sees it...it's a fact! :)

Martin Alonzo and Diane Lane like this.
  15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw a lot of that from the extreme Republicans @Ken Anderson, the #NeverTrump ers. They warned about how he was a liberal Democrat and would fool us all. It's hard to know what's in someone's heart these days, and I'm sure he's left of some on the right, just as some of us are, but I also think he's also to the right of many on the left. I think of him more as a moderate, which would make leftists crazy to hear, but then again, they often don't understand how extreme their own opinions/views are.

Chrissy Cross likes this.