Another Question

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Sheldon Scott, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

How many sons did god have?

King James Bible
    There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know - only one was famous ...................:p

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

From the Catholic point of view, we have the God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit so in total there are 3 of them. But for me, I believe that there is one God only and he has countless of personalities in the form of deities and Gods that all religions are worshiping. That's how I understand the value of God to humans - we look up to God as the supreme being who holds everything including our time on this earth.

And as for the son, we have here a pastor named Apollo Quiboloy who claims he is the Annointed Son of the Father. Yeah, he thinks he is the modern Jesus Christ. Incidentally, this Pastor Quiboloy is close to our new president and in fact, the pastor had helped the new president during the campaigning by lending the candidate his plane and cars.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe I'll stay out of this one. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Sheldon Scott like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

One Son............Jesus.

6. Sheldon Scott

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I just pasted a passage from the bible. Did you read it.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Well, @Sheldon Scott , I read the part you copied. This seems to be a part of the Bible (along with many other parts) that there is different ideas as to what it actually means.
    I probably should stay out of this thread, since I am what is loosely termed a "fringe Christian", which means that I agree with some things that mainstream Christians of most faiths don't believe. But, in any case, I have jumped off of the cliff now, so I will open the parachute and try to land safely.
    My belief is that the term "sons of God" in this case , refers to angels. In Genesis 6, it means angels who left heaven and came down to earth, so are more like what might be termed a fallen angel.
    Once they mated with women, they produced offspring that were giants, and could very well be the reason that there seems to be different bloodlines here .
    Some of the skulls that have been found with the huge, long heads could be from some of this bloodline as well. It explains why some of the early Egyptian rulers had those long head-coverings, and why regular humans tried to copy how the elongated head of the rulers looked.
    Giants also goes a long ways towards a possible explanation of how the pyramids might have been built.

Here is a video by Rob Skiba that gives one explanation for the Genesis 6 mating of angels and humans. If you are interested, he has more in-depth videos on youtube, and books about this, and it is one of his main areas of study.

8. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Yabut @Yvonne Smith it doesn't say angels, it says sons. when the bible mentions angels elsewhere it calls them angels.

9. Sheldon Scott

Registered

C'mon @Chrissy Page jump right in, we need your input.o_O

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, no thanks.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ok, here's my opt out answer.

The Bible is a book written by man. If you are religious, it's a book written by man...but inspired by God and depending on what religion you follow, the words are interpreted to fit that belief. Also, if God created a universe he doesn't have to explain what he said but you would think he would make it easy and understandable....

What about life on other planets? I didn't get far enough in catholic school to learn what is said about that.

The whole thing just doesn't follow reason, no matter how you look at it. It's one of those things that
    You have to have faith but if you start really examining it....it just doesn't work.

Patsy Faye and Sheldon Scott like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"Sons of God" was a term that was applied loosely to describe the angels that formed a heavenly court for God. The Book of Job, thought to be the oldest book in the Bible, included Satan among them. I won't pretend to be a translator but, as I understand it, the problem -- if indeed, there is a problem -- lies with the translation from the Hebrew, in which the same word is used to describe heavenly beings who, because they were sharers in the nature of God as spirit, are referred to as "sons of God," whereas it might also be translated "sender and sent one." Hosiah 1:10 refers to all of Israel as "sons of the Living God" or "children of the Living God," depending on your translation. Consider that some words cannot be perfectly translated from Spanish into English, so a word or phrase is chosen that best approximates the original.

Joseph Carl likes this.
  13. Sheldon Scott

Registered

If your interpretation is correct then the angels, maybe even Satan, mated with human women.

An aside question. Since all the angels mentioned in the bible seem to be male, why do people always refer to women as angels?

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I feel the same as Chrissy re the Bible - it is man's interpretation and a good book in a lot of respects
    But our beliefs are based on faith not the Bible

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

For wife and I, we only believe that God had one son........again, it was Jesus.