Another High School Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Hedi Mitchell, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I just heard that it took him only 3 minutes to kill 17 and wound I don't know how many others.

I'm starting to think differently about these automatic weapons....I think we can live without them.

The argument that then only criminals will have them isn't really valid. Criminals don't shoot up schools...and in most cases they use hand guns in robberies and burglaries...even in individual murders.

And no way should a teenager be able to buy an automatic weapon....that's ridiculous.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

To us, we see absolutely no reason to sell or use military type assault rifles.
    But there is more to these school shootings, than type of weapon used. The school, his classmates and local law enforcement knew things about him. IOW, something terrible went wrong somewhere!
    The BIG question is, just what set him off to kill?

3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I totally agree the fetal alcohol syndrome should not be used as any kind of defense. I don't think this individual will or should ever see freedom again. I heard there had been many calls to the house in the last years but no details as to why yet.

Clearly something wrong with him. People go through all kinds of adversity and may struggle but don't go and kill or harm others.

I wonder if in the end every school is going to be completely fenced with armed entrances and exists. They were almost alluding to that on the news yesterday.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

My heart ached as I heard of the wonderful, talented victims
    I was shocked to hear 'he' purchased guns aged 18, yet cannot drink alcohol till 21
    Surely that age should be raised to at least 21 - preferably 25
    Also, he had to sign a paper when purchasing, that he had no mental problem
    well he would say that wouldn't he, therefore should they have to provide medical note to confirm this ..............

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes someone close to the shooter phoned the FBI hotline in January and gave a very detailed warning
    Unbelievably bad from the FBI !

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

The Aussies did away with assault weapons for civilians 1996 after having their own mass murder attack. There have been non since. Assault weapons should be strictly for military use.
    Age limits should be raised over all..
    to at least 21....military, drinking, smoking, perhaps driving also. State wide not just a few states. Would not solve the issue but could help.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Kitty Carmel

Registered

OMG, this is awful! Again those poor parents and families. No surprise this is UK news. Seems the real news often is NOT in the U.S..

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Although many call the Daily Mail similar to what our National Enquirer is...I find that they always get the stories first and are pretty accurate.

I go to them first now.

Tom Galty likes this.
  10. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Thanks for the tip @Chrissy Cross I think you could certainly be right. I had heard from people, long before the internet, who would listen to shortwave radio that they would hear things on the news of other countries that were not even mentioned in the U.S.. Very interesting.

11. Ben Cad

Ben Cad Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Poor kids :mad:

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Was reading this AM online about "how these teens "think"" from interviews with law enforcement and psychiatrist. Absolutely stunning and scary how these teens think. The article was about how teens idolize teens that have committed mass school murders. The article was interesting, but really scary to think of all the teens out there that think this way.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, you're suppose to have some kind of name for this forum, not a business or whatever "SeniorsParadise" is/means.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Yet, there is no way to prevent another school shooting. And there seems to be an unstable teacher who discharged a gun in the classroom. In our society today there seems to be no fix. These shooting in schools will continue periodically. So yes, poor kids.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am happy to say that the students of Millinocket and East Millinocket school districts had no interest in participating in the national walk-out promoted by gun-banners. The districts share a superintendent and, like most school superintendents, he's a liberal. He assigned a space where students could assemble for the national walk-out but, according to our local newspaper, students were not interested. The school counselors at both schools emailed the superintendent suggesting the event be canceled because no students had indicated an interest in participating.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.