Annual Lung Appointment

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bill Boggs, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Okay, My Chief Health Provider called, said all my blood work done yesterday came back A-ok, perfect. That means I'm pertain-near perfect my own self.So I'm steppin tall, May I have this dance?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

With me? Of course! :)

Glad to hear your good news. It's been a good news day for members of this forum and their medical tests....may it continue!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

My friend is same ... I went with him for his tests, they had him on a step- up / step- down machine, blowing into some huge thing that looked like a giant vacuum cleaner plus lots of other stuff that I didn't actually see ( I was in waiting room)
    When we go shopping he can't stay in the mall for long as it affects his breathing, I guess it must be the recycled air con ? ...and if he carries anything a tad heavy, he feels the urge to pee ...so he doesn't really like going anywhere enclosed ....is it like this for you Bill?

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    I would have great difficulty napping, given your circumstances!
    Frank

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs Can't your wife's cataracts be removed by surgery? Medicare does pay for that and from what I understand here in the States they do one eye at a time and once it is done you usually have better vision than with your glasses.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That is great news Gloria...hope the rest of your news comes in great too. :)

7. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

I had the lazer treatment Babs, had first one ( right eye) done in 2015 at a private hospital, cost me +$2000, left eye done a year later in public H. only cost $100 ...had to have first one done ASP because it affected my driving then went on waiting list for the other ...vision's fantastic now, altho' need readers for small print

Frank Sanoica and Babs Hunt like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Here in the US Medicare does cover cataract surgery one eye at a time. My Optometrist does not think I will need surgery for a few years yet and I'm hoping that's true. But this is one surgery I won't hesitate to have so I can keep my vision to read and drive as long as possible May. :)

May Benot likes this.
  9. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

I should have had mine done sooner rather than let it get so bad, but when I started taking out gateposts I knew it couldn't be put off any longer, used up most of my 'emergency fund' but it was worth it

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

That was probably a lung Function Testor. No, never feel that need.

11. Bill Boggs

Registered

We both had cateracts about nine or ten years ago. She has an eye disease, now blind in one eye and has been reeluctent to have this one removed. They make a mistake on it she's totally blind, bout she's kthin king about it.

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yes she can. We both had cateracts about nine or ten years ago. She has an eye disease, now blind in one eye and has been reluctent to have this one removed. They make a mistake on it she's totally blind, but she's thinking about it.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I can see why your wife would be reluctant to take a chance on having cataract surgery and losing her sight totally if something went wrong. This would make me really have to consider having the surgery too. Even though it's supposed to be what's considered an easy operation now days with few problems it's still an surgery that has no 100% guarantees on it.

So @Bill Boggs did you have that surgery? If so how did it work for you?

14. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Babs Hunt asked, So @Bill Boggs did you have that surgery? If so how did it work for you?

Yes ma'am, I had the lens replacement surgery a few months before entering Polmonary Rehabilitation. I literally watched myself go blind in one eye. In the gym where I took the PR was a large clock on the wall with one hand on it, that's all. While on a treadmill I would focus on hat clock, pondering the mystery (to me) of the one hand. Over a period of two weeks I went blind in my left eye. I realized I was losing sight in the eye but in my wisdom I thought it was a result of the cataract removal and as soon as I finished with this pulmonary thing I'd go back to that eye surgeon andhave the problem fixed. I didn't realize what had happened was a torn rentena and if its not seen about in ten days or so you will lose vision and it cannot be repaired.. It was ignorance on my part. The other eye is still twenty-twenty with glasses, resulting in my being known as hawkeye on another forum.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , as always, I wish you well. And, yes, I'd love to have this dance with you. :)

Holly Saunders and Frank Sanoica like this.