Annoying Tablet Issue

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Mari North, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Often when I'm not home or at the desktop, I check in here with my tablet... how on EARTH do I get rid of that tremendously annoying "ad styler" box that covers 1/4 of the screen? :(

Maybe it's something simple... I'm not the world's most tech savvy gal. Well okay, most 7 year olds know their way around a computer's innards better than I do, and I've been online for 20+ years! :oops: But anyhow, I can't close it with the x, can't hit the "default" option... it's just frozen there and nothing I do gets rid of it. Ever. I've been on the tablet more than the desktop lately, but... the ad styler is always there.

Never see that on any other site at all... just here. *IS* there a way to get rid of it? @Ken Anderson

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't understand the problem. Since that's at the bottom of the page, i don't know why you scroll down there if you don't like it. I access the forum on my iPhone and on my Kindle Fire and, since all of the forum threads are above the box at the bottom of the page, I don't scroll there. If I do, I can simply scroll back up, and the Ad Styler takes up a tiny part of the screen anyhow.

Maybe it takes up a larger part of the screen on the style called "Default Style," which is the one that the forum script comes with. Since that is not actually the default style, you would have had to have chosen that one. The one that is made for this forum is called the "SeniorsOnlyClub" style. I see nothing obtrusive about the Ad Styler box on that one, which is the one that I intended people to use, and I can't get rid of it because then there would be no way for anyone to change styles.

Some people prefer the one that is labeled "Default Style" but if the Ad Styler box on that one is annoying, I would suggest changing back to the one that was made for this forum.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  3. Mari North

Registered

Okay... well it's not only at the bottom on mine... it's ... well, I said 1/4 of it, but it's more like 3/4 on the right side and none on the left, and there is ONE line of dialog showing, so yes, I need to scroll if I want to see more than one line.

As I mentioned, it's locked so no, I didn't set it to default because I've never been able to mark anything from it. Nothing. It won't close, it won't bring down the pull-down that says default, it won't do anything. Must be the way my tablet settings are, or the font size or... whatever. Like if this would be the tablet, I'd be able to see your first line and then just half lines for the rest of the way.

But thanks for answering... I'll just have to deal with it.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'd love to be able to help you with it but I'm just not seeing it on my end. I tried switching to the one labeled "Default Style" on my Kindle to see if that would produce a problem. On that style, the Ad Styler box didn't show up at all. I had to click on the hyperlink at the bottom that said "Default Style" and then a box popped up that sounds like it might be something like what you're describing, but the box just gave me the option of choosing a style. Once I chose the "SeniorsOnlyClub" style once again, the box went away. I've also looked at it on my iPhone and don't see a problem that sounds like that there either.

5. Mari North

Registered

Yeah... well then that must be my problem... it's not allowing me to choose anything. The pull-down menu simply doesn't work for me. Maybe I just need a tablet with a bigger screen... I'll have to think on that one. I have one of the little screens from a few years ago.