Ann Shonert

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Location near where we lived in the Ozarks, I had really hoped to strike up some discussion about the area; she alluded to being close to our area there. Last time heard from, Mar. 2018.

Anyone have any info? She seemed so "gung-ho" and interested. I fear Fate may have intervened. Fate. The only derogatory factor I see in forums for the older folks.

Just how soft have I become? This evening, after dark, I chose to check that I had shut off the water feed to our garden, just outside the back door, but fearing a repeat of the experience a few weeks ago of opening the door to frighten a huge cockroach, I was more cautious. Damn, a very fast-moving thing was on the outside of the door, disappearing into the space between the door and frame as I closed it. Hyper as usual, I called to my wife, get big flashlight, help. I thought it was one of these:

• [​IMG]
    Windscorpion, a pseudo-scorpion lacking venom, but having vicious jaws, about the size of a silver dollar.

After some anxious moments trying to locate and control it, I found the real culprit, a baby lizard, bent on finding some insects for dinner. I would never kill a lizard, though my wife recommended it, since he had by then found his way into our entry-way! He was about 3 inches long, very fast, hid within our outside shoes stored there, then disappeared behind a cabinet. I called for my coffee cup and a piece of cardboard, captured him beneath the upside down cup, slipped the Edgewater monthly offerings flyer underneath, and had him trapped. Released out by the garden. Looked about this size:

• [​IMG]
    I believe he knows he was spared from the unending effort humanity expends against "pests". These little critters are in reality a very important part of the natural cycle of predation, in which they rid the area they happen to be in of significant numbers of noxious insects and bugs.
    Frank

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018
    Hedi Mitchell likes this.