Ankle Replacement Surgery

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Steve North, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

That is good, @Steve North. The sooner she gets up and sits up, the less danger there is of having pneumonia.

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

When I went to see her today, she was sitting in a chair.. First time she got out of bed..
    No more oxygen which she had, no more liquid being pumped into her veins, and she now goes to the bathroom sitting on a special chair..
    A bit of pain so they gave her a pain killer..
    Tomorrow I will be seeing her for the last time as on Friday morning she is coming home..

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Good to hear she is coming home. Being at home seems to make people feel better. But now you will be the one taking care of her. Don't neglect to take care of yourself too.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It sounds like everything is going just fine for your wife @Steve North.

I second what @Sheldon Scott said...be sure and take care of yourself while you are taking care of AnnMarie. May all go well for both of y'all as she recovers.

5. Steve North

Registered

WE ARE HOME !!!!!!

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Steve North

Registered

The biggest problem we are having since she came home is called "stupidity"...
    Of all the things we did to prepare for this moment, we totally forgot to get a raised toilet seat..
    On Monday, I will be out there getting 2 raised toilet seats of 6 inches rise..
    We have 2 toilets in the house, one on the main floor which is the main bathroom, and one upstairs which is just a powder room (toilet and sink)...
    other than that, everything seems to be going fine...

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Just where tha dickens do you think you might be going Frank? Nope your happy butt gonna be right here:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Steve North, glad your two are home and on the the mend. Hang in there, it will get better.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So glad y'all are home and that things are going well and that you will those raised toilet seats in place in no time. :)

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Steve North

Registered

Thanks Babs....

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Steve North , I hope AnnMarie is doing well. Let us know how her progress goes.

13. Steve North

Registered

OK...... UPDATE on her ankle...
    She gets up in the morning, goes to the bathroom using the walker with a seat to push herself around, gets dressed and gets to the top of the stairs to the chair lift.. Goes down and her knee scooter is waiting for her.. She goes to her recliner chair and lifts up the leg on some pillows.. she then comes to the kitchen for breakfast, using her scooter.. She also comes to the table for supper..
    She can go to the bathroom all by herself using the scooter.. I got a raised toilet seat for her.. She spends most of the day in her recliner with her foot up..
    Absolutely NO pain at all from her ankle..
    Now sitting in her chair for long periods has developed a slight backache to which I bought her a blow-up donut to sit on.. That helps big time..
    She even gets up to let the dog out in the kitchen through the patio doors..
    When ready for bed, she takes the chair lift up, gets in the walker, pushes herself to the bed, gets undressed, and into bed......

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Sounds good.

15. Steve North

Registered

Well, its been almost 2 weeks since her surgery and so far, she is coping very well.. Obviously, still no weight bearing but with the knee scooter, it is possible to get around the house..
    Tomorrow is Christmas and we are going to our local Legion for a Christmas dinner.. They have a wheelchair and a ramp to get into the hall.. It will be very good for her moral to get out and meet people as well as have her traditional Christmas dinner..
    Next Thursday the staples come off.. X-rays to follow as well.. Most likely she will still have a fiberglass cast on her leg as she has now..
    Her NON weight bearing is for 6 weeks from surgery, however she has already done 2 weeks..
    I am doing my very best to take good care of her and it seems to be working just fine............ so far !!!!