And I Think To Myself What A Wonderful World Family Is

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Texas Beth That's why I say I am blessed to have the Family I do. I know many people who do or did not have that kind of Family. But many of these people went on to "put together" their own loving Families from people who loved them, whether they were blood relations or not. Many people consider friends and pets their Families. A Family to me is made up of the people who love you and who you love...and it isn't always your birth family.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our newest Family blessing our grandson born on September 14, 2016. Eight pounds, nine ounces and 20 inches long.

IMG_3305.JPG

Attached Files:

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Congratulations, @Babs Hunt, another precious grandchild!

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Bennett James

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Smashing ! :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Ooooh welcome Back @Babs Hunt , haven't seen you for ages, nice to see you,:D and with new beautiful baby grandson in tow....now 2 months old already, awwwww....

Congrats Grandma, on your new addition.

images9.jpg

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Holly Saunders....hope life has been good to you and yours while I've been away. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

CONGRATULATIONS @Babs Hunt , How many grandbabies does that make now? They are so much more fun than our own children, mainly because we get to be their best buds, instead of the disciplinary forces.:eek: :rolleyes:

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Ina I. Wonder Bennett James is our 10th grandchild blessing. :) I'm taking the train to Houston tomorrow to go and spend some time with him and his sister Amelie Rose. :)
    15045780_10153864766916207_1726702478_n.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, at times I get envious of families that are close, but at the same time, I know that some families are close, some very close, while others aren't. Wife and I aren't real close to our families. Wife was pretty close to her family (mom, sisters and nieces), but after we married, we left So Calif. and went to Colorado. I found out that my wife wasn't as close to her family there as appeared to be. In fact, she was making plans on moving to Laughlin, NV before she met me. While we were engaged, I mentioned to her about moving to CO and she didn't hesitate at all and said "ok". I had been wanting to leave So Calif. for a number of years, had tried it twice, but ended up coming back within a few months after leaving.

Bottom Line is.........our lifestyle is very different than our families.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh. I am close to my Family but that doesn't mean this isn't something I have to work at. Just like anything that is a priority in our lives, keeping it that way takes time and effort....on my part and my family members too. Family is at the top of my priority list along with my relationship with God, and my relationship with my husband.

I do understand how much harder it is to stay close to family members when you live far apart and you also have different lifestyles and interests. Out of my eight siblings I find only one of my sisters and I share pretty much of the same interests. But we all share a couple of interests like good food and music. Put those two things together and you can put all of us together too. :) The past few years my siblings have pretty much scattered all over the place...while I was the one who came back to live in our hometown in Louisiana. And while I am very busy still lending a helping hand to my children and grandkids, most of my siblings children and grandchildren are all grown up and busy with their own lives. Believe me, I'll be the first one to say it takes time and effort to keep Family relationships growing...but my siblings, children, and I all feel the same way....we can't imagine a World without Family.

For those that don't have Family by birth that they feel they can have a relationship with because of distance of the heart or miles....there are always friends that come into your life in one way or another that can become that "Family" to you. Family can actually be anyone, and in many cases even pets become Family. :) But no matter who or what your own Family may consist of....they all need time and attention to keep these relationships growing.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  14. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I totally agree @Babs Hunt , after loosing both my sons and my husband, I felt like I had lost everything that grounded me to this world. Most of the members of my extended family that I thought would be there for me, left as soon as they received whatever monetary value there was to be had.

After almost two years, and the help of some very caring online friends, I have been able to see that my Creator is still with me.

He has shown me the love of my oldest stepdaughter and her son to be more than I could have ever imagined. With the support of all these amazing people I have begun to rebuild another family. I need them, and amazingly they need me as well.

!!! God is good. !!!

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My 2016 Thanksgiving Blessings! :)

15205610_10153900861191207_278573831_o.jpg

Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.