Analog Or Digital?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Terry Page, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I forgot about my analogue wall clocks... one either end of the kitchen walls ... and hubs has one on his office wall at home.

I still use a digital bedside clock, I don't want to have my iphone next to my bed... whereas my o/h doesn't have an alarm clock, he uses his phone ..

@Yvonne Smith you're very lucky to have a daughter who can afford to buy you a brand new watch like that, and without you even asking ... no wonder you're excited.:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That's wonderful Yvonne and in your case I think it will be very helpful to you. And someone really loves you a lot to gift you with that. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm still in both worlds and pick and choose according to how necessary something will be to me. I still have regular clocks on the wall and in large scale numbers because of my husband's AMD vision problems. Since I don't work anymore I don't wear a watch but when out I can check the time on my car clock or on my flip phone. I was gifted with a Kindle by my daughters but hated it and still love reading regular books that I mostly check out from the Library these days.

I love my digital camera and would not want to go back to cameras with film because I find it so much easier to take better pictures with my digital. I really only enter into the digital world when it interests me or becomes a need for me like my laptop. By the time you buy something in the digital world and get it home it is already outdated....kind of like how a new car depreciates so much the moment you drive it off the lot. :) So if something in the digital world interests me I will consider if it would be a need for me...but in most cases I don't find that to be the case and I never buy anything just to buy it or keep up with the latest tech thing.

It's a very interesting world we live in now days but some things to me don't need to be updated...they work just fine the way they are.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Working downtown, I see lots of 'busniess' types wearing watches.
    I'm pretty sure they carry a smart phone, but a stylish watch goes well
    with a suit.

On my bus ride, I'll see college students with both hard bound and paperback
    books.

I've always worn a watch and switch between my 'smart watch' and my Seiko
    watch when out to dinner or other entertainment.

As far as books go, at home more than likely to grab a 'book' and when out
    and about, it's either a book on my phone or I'll grab the Kindle.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess I'm a hybrid but leaning mostly toward analog. I still use film cameras but I do have digital ones. Although when the film gets developed it comes back on a CD now. Lots of analog battery operated wall clocks around the house, a digital bathroom scale only because of a 'free' coupon from a CVS promotion. I prefer analog watches because some of the numbers on a digital watch seem to change when there is a problem, example 3 to 8 vice versa, 5 to 6, 4 to H, lol.

6. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

At home all my clocks and clock radio are analog. Outside I carry around a Polder timer (https://www.amazon.com/Polder-Porta...ocphy=9032070&hvtargid=pla-274295902799&psc=1), instead of a watch, which is digital. I don't touch pocketphones, music players, etc., and never was enamored with taking photos. I do collect DVDs and CDs, as that is all my TV is good for now....and I do have a Sony Walkman (guess that's digital).

7. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

I still prefer an analog clock but a digital wristwatch does have advantages being as they are so small.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hi, @Maggie Mae , and welcome to the Seniors Only Club ! ! We are a smaller forum, and mostly pretty friendly, and please feel welcome to join in to any of the conversations here.
    One thing that we do differently than most other forums, is we use a name (first/last name), and it makes us feel like we are visiting with real people and not just some username, which can sometimes get pretty strange.
    Some people use their real names, and some just make up one, either way is perfectly fine. To change your name, click on your name at the top of the page, and a box will open up with two sets of options.
    Near the bottom on the right side will be “name change”, just choose that and add a last name of your choice. (If you have trouble for some reason, Ken Anderson, who is our admin, can change it for you .)

9. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you Yvonne :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.