Ambassador Nikki Haley Resigns

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.c-span.org/video/?452751-1/un-ambassador-nikki-haley-resigns-run-president-2020

This morning the President held a Press Conference to announce Nikki Haley's resignation. She will be leaving her position officially in December. According to what I've read she just feels after 6 years as Governor of South Carolina and almost 2 years as Ambassador for the UN...she's just worn out and needs a break. Already the News media is trying to muddy the waters on why she's really resigning.

I think she's done a great job and hate to see her leave. And of course I'm wondering who will replace her. There is some talk about President Trump replacing her with his daughter Ivanka. It should be interesting to see what the News media tries to do with anyone Trump picks to replace Nikki. After what they did to Judge Kavanaugh...I wonder if anyone will want any position in our Government now.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was surprised that Trump chose her, but I guess she's done a pretty good job of it. Yes, some of the media headlines were that she resigned abruptly. She spoke to Trump about it last week and she's not leaving until December, so I would hardly call that abruptly.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

According to the transcript on the press conference Trump told her to take her break but if she wants to come back she can have any position she wants in his Administration. She made sure she let everyone know she's not running for President in 2020 either but will be campaigning for Trump.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I watched the press conference where they made the announcement . I was quite impressed with how warm and friendly they seemed to be. I wondered how long it would take the Fake News to put a negative spin on it. Sure enough, within minutes they were spinning it.

Babs Hunt and Don Alaska like this.