Amazon Prime Reading

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

One of the features of Amazon Prime that I really like is the Prime Reading Library. Since I seldom watch television programs or movies, reading in the evenings is usually my entertainment for the day.
    I much prefer reading on the Kindle than reading a regular paper book, so I am always looking for free books to read that I am interested in, either for learning about something in particular, or just to relax and enjoy the story.
    Prime Reading is part of the Amazon Prime package (which seems to be growing all of the time), and there is a large library of all kinds of fiction and non-fiction books, as well as a magazine selection.

When you get a book from the prime Reading library, it works just the same as checking a book out from any other online library, except that there is no set time to return the book; so you can keep it and read it for as long as you want.
    You are allowed quite a few books, also. I can’t remember if it is 10 or maybe 15 books at a time. I have never needed anywhere close to that many books at one time, so I have forgotten what the limit is for books being checked out.
    If you have Prime, and like to read, Prime Reading is definitely a wonderful feature of Amazon.

Tim Burr and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

I use it a lot, too.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I enjoy my Kindle, but I pick up regular books at the local thrift stores as well. For extended trips and such, it is nice to be able to carry hundreds of books on my kindle, but for around the house, the warm feeling of paper books is comforting in its own way. I tend to read non-fiction on the kindle and fiction in paper, but that is not a fixed rule.

Tim Burr likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Yes, I prefer real paper-printed books to the Kindle, but the Kindle is awfully convenient and, given the free stuff, it's more affordable.

Tim Burr likes this.