Amazing Long-Lost (Or Newly-Found) Places On The Planet

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, May 8, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"To boldly go where no man has gone before...". We always thing of distant planets and galaxies far away when we hear this phrase; but there are some truly awesome places right here on our own world that are waiting to be explored.
    In almost all of these places, as we explore them, they are finding new varieties and species of plants and animals that we have never known existed until now.
    This little video is a quick adventure through a few of these places.

Joe Riley and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I've just started reading this:

91yGMbRhu4L.jpg

Really fascinating stuff.

3. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, Yvonne. That was pretty neat.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Its an interesting video to watch and shows us how there are still some places of the earth that haven't been discovered. Some of these places are actually quite beautiful to look at. I also found it interesting the differest species being found in these places. It reminds me of the fact that at one time we had no idea Polar Bears existed because no one had ventured up to the Arctic region where this specie of bear lives.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a small 10 inch globe that lights up, and "reveals" the world to my eyes.;) We use the term "It's a small world"...but it has never been small! Thanks for the video, Yvonne!
    smiling-planet-earth-cartoon-2-thum.jpg

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I hought I posted this before; but I don't see it on this thread. This is a cave in Viet Nam that goes back into a mountain. Over the millenia, water wore through the mountain and created natural skylights where the sun shines in, and it now has its own eco-system, and is like a whole little world inside of there, with birds and wildlife.
    Be sure to watch the video at the bottom of the page. It has "flyover" footage taken by a drone, as well as regular pictures, and it is almost like taking a quick tour through the cave, which is actually almost 90 miles long inside.

http://www.enlightened-planet.com/2015/03/a-farmer-saw-hole-in-rock-and-inside.html