Amazing Instincts

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Patsy Faye, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Heard on the news of a man who had to leave his home for a while so took his beloved dog to stay with a friend
    The journey was 240 miles away
    The dog was not happy about this arrangement and that night made the long trek back home
    It took him 12 days to make that journey - his owner speechless and amazed
    So am I - it is not uncommon I know, but will we ever know how they do this ?
    Is it a sixth sense they have ?

Joe Riley and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

There are lots of amazing animal stories like this. Some animals are really better at finding their way around then others though I am sure. My cat would be simply bewildered if he was outside, and my dog, was hard pressed to find a hidden treat, so I couldn't imagine him doing that, but I guess where there is a will there is a way!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

As a kid, my Dad read a news story to me about a cat which found it's way back home after many moths, having been inadvertently carried away. Many miles distant. I've never reconciled the possibility of truth in this.

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

It's so wonderful and amazing that pets will find their home and it's so sad when the owner dies and the little fur baby is left behind. There was one story about an elderly owner passed. The the cat pet stayed in the backyard and wouldn't let anyone come near it. It was brought to the attention of a shelter near by. The shelter people came by to get the cat. They soothingly told the cat that their owner is gone now and they will not hurt the little fur baby and fed it a bit, then got to carry the little pet so they could take it to the shelter for adoption. It's as if the cat understood what the shelter worker said "your owner has passed", then it let the person from the shelter feed it. Amazing story of the little pet whose owner died suddenly and the cat just did not want to leave the home I saw one night on Animal Planet. Pets are certainly full of surprises!

Frank Sanoica and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Intelligence rules the day. There are some people, who couldn't find their way home....with a map.

Frank Sanoica and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Some people must have a "built in" compass too. I've always had the ability to find my way home or to where I wanted to be, from anywhere in the country.

Joe Riley and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

I had to copy your post Joe - not sure how to 'quote post'- you say .................
    Intelligence rules the day. There are some people, who couldn't find their way home....with a map

This is true of people and animals, no difference
    Some are intelligent - some are dopey :p
    But this instinct is something else, to find your way back, having never been there :eek:
    surely he didn't read the sign posts - no........... sixth sense at work I reckon ...............:)

Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

to include quote, click on "reply" to right of "quote". It is very difficult to separate intelligence and instinct. They work together.

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Thanks Joe :) That was easy :rolleyes:
    Oh I dunno Joe - instinct vs intelligence - I wonder ............... I'll have to think on it .............:p

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

What I meant Patsy, was that we don't use one or the other, they are both working together.