Am I Facing Breast Cancer?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No matter what I decide to do after the biopsy results...I believe that God has written every day of my earthly life in His Book of Life...and nothing is going to stop me from living those days God has degreed for my life...not even breast cancer.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Great philosophy Babs...

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Words are never good enough at times like these, but sincere feelings are
    With you every step of the way, as is God and your family
    I pray strength and guidance is given to you and you will surpass this awful time Xx

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Biopsies went well. I had no pain at all. I just closed my eyes, let Jesus hold me in peace and pretended I was at the beach listening to the waves. I noticed they took tissue samples from 3 lymph nodes instead of the one they said they were going to do.

I got copies of my mammogram and ultrasound results....not looking good at all for there not being cancer. As a human being I'm scared and feeling some anxiety...but as God's beloved daughter...I know He will see me through whatever is ahead for me.

May have results tomorrow.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Good of you to let us know Babs :) x
    Still in our thoughts …...

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

I have had 2 biopsies so far Babs, ( not on my breasts) they didn't hurt either... so I'm glad they didn't hurt for you.. I hope you do get your results tomorrow, the waiting is not good, and let's hope that whatever they find is treatable..

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hopefully, you will have good news after they look at the biopsies, @Babs Hunt , and we can have faith that whatever they find, you are safe in God’s hands.
    None of us have any kind of guarantee of tomorrow, so we all depend on God to take care of us; but after getting this kind of news, it is pretty natural to feel bad and be scared anyway, I think.
    We are keeping you in our prayers, and hoping for a treatable condition if it does turn out to be cancer and needs treatment.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the update, Babs. I was thinking about you today. I can only imagine how terrified I would be, and dreading the possible treatment ahead. Your attitude is wonderful and I hope for the very best outcome for you.

Patsy Faye and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and a 30% chance of living 5 years. Here I sit, 16 years later. (((Babs))). You have a winning attitude.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

...yeaaaah!!! ..

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The results of the biopsies are in and it is not good news. Invasive Ductal Carcinoma in both masses and it's in the lymph node they sampled too I asked to be faxed a copy of my results after talking to the Pathologist yesterday and they are supposed to send that to the fax in my daughter's private office. I should be hearing from my Primary Physician today to go over things...that's all I know for now.

Next step Breast Surgeon and probable breast MRI.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If you wouldn't mind sharing what kind you had, treatment, etc. it would sure help me Lulu.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh Babs, I'm so sorry...:(, ...I hope you're getting every support you need ((hugs)))

14. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in June, 2003. Until that time I had no other symptoms but weight loss, which of course I loved! This gradual weight loss was over a period of several years. By June, 2003 I started losing 20 lbs. in one month, I broke ALL my ribs on the right side by leaning against a cardboard box, my mouth was burning from severe trench, my scalp was unbearably itchy. I went for medical treatment, had to find a new doctor as I just moved back to New York from Massachusetts. In fact, friends were telling me I probably wasn't sick, was just mad I moved back, trying to find a psychological cause for real physical symptoms.

I had a great surgeon, who removed the tumor, a big one, it had spread to lymph nodes, but the surgeon thought he had it all. I had a full year of chemo once a week.

There was no worse patient than me. I was in total fear, lonely, had just lost my mother, and was already a widow. My son was magnificent! It wasn't my time, I had a purpose although I didn't know it............to one day meet my grandson.

I'm on your side, Babs. Make sure you have doctors and hospitals you trust. Feel free to pm me if you want to ask or discuss a private question.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt ..you are constantly on my mind- literally. Prayer continues. After reading the horrendous ordeal of @Lulu Moppet -I really feel you to shall get better.
    You also will be relentless:)

Don Alaska and Lulu Moppet like this.