Along The River Banks

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Our governor for political reasons put us back to baseline "laws. No non-essential (by her own definition) business open.

Many have just shut up for good. One high-end women's clothing store defied her orders and stayed open, posting a "Going out of Business" sign. She ordered the cops to shut it down. The responding lady officer investigated and left with a bag of evidence and tied a "Do Not Cross Crime Scene" yellow with black lettering ribbon on the door, on her way out. She tied a beautiful bow with it on one of the doors. Seeing me approach the door she held it open. I thanked her and went inside and did my own investigation. Here is photo evidence of what this crime scene revealed.

Exhibit #1 Regular $59.95 .......... Exhibit #2 regular $39.95
    Mine for a mere $6.99 ................ I splurged spending $1.88
    FF trail skt.jpg ff crop.jpg
    The silk-like tops I bought for the fabric to make my choker/masks were a whopping $2.79. They are easy to pull up a make a face cover if in a situation where people think the virus is stopped by such. Lots of unscientific ideas about the virus around here. Some think it can fly like a boomerang, turn right angles, and fly up off the sidewalk if one has coughed looking down, unmasked.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Today is the big day. During the last few months, I have cut my hair myself. Very difficult with my vision and hands. I lollygagged during the brief opening of our hair salons and then someone insulted our governor so she sent college kids to go around testing for the China-born Wuhan Sars 2/Covid 19-20 virus and the results indicated we have the worse outbreak in the world and she returned us to baseline.

The police refuse to enforce any of her mandates, but many businesses like salons fear their state licenses will be revoked. It was unbeknownst to me but I learned a few days ago that most hairdressers are working underground. All those with great hairstyles were not self cuts or even home cuts by friends.

So in a few hours, I will leave with a friend to an undisclosed location. We will be dressed in worn work jeans and baggy stained T-shirts. We will wear masks and sunglasses and the most important, headscarves. We will be carrying cleaning supplies. We will leave just as we came. This is necessary to protect the business as it is reported there are many young people hired to video suspicious behavior and report back to a source that leaks defiant activity to the governor.

It is a sorry state of affairs but I am thankful our local police are on our side. My preference would be for a hairdresser to openly defy our corrupt governor and I would walk in with a 45 Colt decorating my waist. What is feared in this community is she will send Antifa and the police will be obligated to protect them from all the armed citizens that would have no problem in shooting rioters. The police don't want the danger of arresting these cowards commies because they are immediately released or having to arrest citizens for protecting their and their neighbors property.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My new underground illegal haircut. The $30 top I got for $1. The multi-compartment mini shoulder bag (USA made) regular $60 was $3 and is nice for an active walking ladies' necessities like a cellphone, pepper spray, and a small handgun. Notice the geese are social distancing so I don't have to pull up my homemade neck choker forming a mask. I have no delusion that my being masked saves lives. It helps the brainwashed science-denying folks with their failing mental health. I seldom wear it except in stores and only to put the paranoid at ease. I wear the elbow arm sleeves to protect my damaged elbows and eliminate the need for steroid injections when on long walks.

FF gee 10.jpg

Bill Boggs likes this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Around here everyone now masks in stores and public places. Most are wearing a cloth mask. I noticed my pharmacy has recently gone to all m-95 masks for employees. I asked why and the pharmacist told me because wearing a cloth mask all day is causing health issues for the wearers including respiratory problems as well as gum infections and softening. Cloth mask retains moisture and an increase in fungal and bacterial infection of the mouth, throat, and lungs is on the rise for those that wear cloth masks for many hours every day. The dental association has some warnings out about this, but I cannot find any official link to share.

I am seeing no wearers of latex gloves. I am seeing maybe 1 out of 20 entering a grocery store sanitize their hands and their cart handle. Observe people when you are out and about and a majority, if you watch long enough, will use the back of their finger to wipe or itch their nose. A few might use a thin kleenex that may or may not keep mucous off their hands.

Watch what people touch. Door handles, bus rails, faucets in restrooms, things for sale, and the list is many. Now think about it! Why is this virus still spreading with everyone wearing masks? As my old neurologist taught and was considered a fanatic and germaphobe, is, it isn't the breath that spreads the virus, but our hands!

Yes, viruses can be spread by a cough, but that cough has to be direct in someone's face and the most dangerous range is a meter or about three feet. Wearing a mask will not protect you from a direct blast unless your eyes are covered.

A cough blast out tiny moisture droplets and viruses can be in these droplets. These droplets DO NOT turn corners. They are cast in the direction of the breath blast. If you cough in a side wind, then they may veer to the side but any wind quickly evaporates these tiny moisture droplets and the virus immediately dies. It cannot survive without a host. Sun usually evaporates these droplets within the first few inches if someone coughs or sneezes while outdoors. I see joggers wearing masks. That is protecting NO ONE and causing them health issues. I wear my neck choker so I can pull it up when around a crowd. I am protecting no one and saving no one's life, it is just a courtesy I afford others in this time of unscientific paranoia. It is for their MENTAL health.

Now let's think about the virus hosted by a glob of mucous. You enter a building, a person in front of you holds open the door for you. Thank them three times ... thank you thank you thank you. Please don't say sorry about your bad luck because you saw the young man in front of him wipe his nose with his index finger before pulling up his cloth mask and use that viral mucous hosted hand to open the door.

Think of all the things that people touch. So the mucous left on a surface by one person is touched by a hundred before it is dry or worn off. 100 people infected! Cough directly in someone's face and ONE person is infected! Any questions on why this virus as all virus spread so rapidly?

That mucous hosted virus can survive in that mucous until it dries which can be hours. If you don't believe me put a drop of water and a drop of snot on your countertop and see how long it takes for each to dry. Do your own experiment.

I had a long discussion with the manager of Safeways yesterday. The lines were long and so I had to use the self-checkout. Even using a credit card I was forced into touching that mucous laced filthy keypad to say no to I DO NOT want to contribute to some cause. No, I no longer have room in my bra to carry my club card, and NO I will not be cheated out of my discount.

He had no idea about how filthy that innocent-looking keypad was. He said he might consider having the pads wiped down daily instead of weekly. I said well to be safe they must be wiped down after each use. I usually carry extra wipes for this purpose, but sometimes they dry out and again my bra is already full of necessary things like keys, a small bottle of sanitizer, and a small folding knife. I thank God daily that I was born a freak with a sunken breast bone so while I sport a semi sagging A cup, my cleavage is that of the babes boasting a perky B cup. Be that as it may, there is no room for girl necessaries like a cell phone, handgun, or pepper spray. That requires another form of transportation.

I have even emailed the Governor about requiring stores to supply latex gloves and make them mandatory and make the mask optional. Yes, if someone with a virus goes and directly coughs on the lettuce, the moisture of the lettuce will help keep that virus alive for hours, but these happening are few and far between, while the mucous infested surfaces are everywhere. I received an automated response that my concern was being taken seriously. RIGHT! What is to stop some psycho working in produce to spit on all the lettuce? We can not control everything. but we can control the main spread, but it isn't POLITICALLY expedient so old bitties like me can just assume the position and take it in the shorts. That is the attitude I am sensing in all this nonscientific political paranoia.

While we take every precaution, if we dare adventure out, we risk our lives. but we must thank all the mask wearers for saving our life all the while Grandpa Jones hocks a mountain-sized louggey and spits on the sidewalk and wipes his dripping nose with his hands, then realizing his mistake, pulls out that cloth handkerchief finishes off his nose drying, then dons that hanky as a mask as he enters the store ignoring the hand sanitizer (thankful for the automatic doors), and heads the direction of my purpose, and "son of a witch," he handles both remaining cartons of Umpqua Espresso Ice Cream before deciding which one is best. Ok, I can sanitize the carton and my hands later. Then the only self-checkout left is the one he takes. His dirty cracked mucous lace fingers bang the already filthy keypad. Should I wait in another line with the masked mother with her three SNOT NOSED unmasked kids that are touching everything? It is the senior hour, what the hell is she doing here? The manager explains to me that the guy at the door is just to keep the hand sanitizer fresh and count how many enter. He is not the police and will never mention to these young rebels that senior hour means over 60. Everyone is so sensitive about being offensive.

Well, I am offended by all the unscientific horse poo and disregard for our advanced year's women. Mothers, Grandmothers, and Great grandmothers, that have kept civilization civil, and now it is either staying home in isolation or being exposed to snot laced surfaces everywhere and no one gives a fat rats tail. We changed their diapers and wiped their snotty noses. We potty trained them, but alas, we failed because they never learned to safely wipe their nose with proper tissue and sanitize their hands. Running water quickly over their hands isn't stopping the virus. That cloth bandana is worthless unless you are visiting the bank and I advise a handgun to complete your ensemble if you plan to make a withdrawal.

Next time you go in for surgery or any medical procedure. Observe how many times and how long all involved wash their hands and then wear gloves that are changed between every patient. Then tell me that that mask they wear is more important than their hands.

A big sign in front of the police station .... "Wear a mask and save lives." The virus continues to spread and kill the elderly so how is that working out? Does anyone think about the deaths in nursing homes? Do you think it was employees going around coughing on residents? NO, it was and IS the contact by filthy hands. They may wear gloves but if not changed between every patient and regularly, then it is a joke. Also, I have seen latex-gloved medical assistants pull down their masks and itch their noses with their gloved hands.

Do your own experiments and observations. Think about the past during the flu season. Think about how food poisoning is spread. Watch people more closely and you will see why this virus hasn't been slowed. Look at where the main outbreaks are in your community and area. If this virus and others are going to be controlled, then let's start addressing the main spread. Fall is coming and all virus is going to get worse. Why is any virus worse in the fall? Snotty noses!

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow!

Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

A study in black and white acrylic on hard cardboard of my Great Great Grandmother, nickname "Deadeye." All of us women from her have one weak eye and it stays closed more than the other. She was a great shot, but she got her name because she could read people very accurately. She was also a smoke signaler as a girl and could read other signals in an uncanny way. I used an old faded browned photo of her to create this painting. I haven't painted in a couple of years and had to do this one with my left eye squinted due to it not focusing if used with the right. Having one eye almost closed just seemed right for painting this look into my ancestor.

GG Gma.JPG

Bill Boggs, Von Jones and Al Amoling like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not talking to myself
    I'm just thinking out loud
    It's acceptable now you see
    With cell phones and such

Hidden memories buried
    In the recesses of my mind
    Exhumed without warrant
    Spout forth intense as a geyser

Vocalized without rhyme or reason
    Baffling listeners ears myself included
    Forgotten events now carved in stone
    Bleached bones now flesh-covered

Pay me no mind or mental concern
    The cobwebs of my mind carefully woven
    Appear as tangled encoded twisted nonsense
    Crystal clearly defined in the eye of my mind

So as I babble on with laughter laced tears
    Straight talk requiring no white binding jacket
    Dismiss the crowd, I'm just thinking out loud
    Advanced year's discourse; not talking to myself

Faye Fox - 2020

Ed Wilson, Bill Boggs and Nancy Hart like this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

Looking good. Hang in there.

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

A gal of many talents.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Bill. Jill of all Trades and mistress to none hahaha!

Frank Sanoica and Bill Boggs like this.