All Lives Matter

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I support this Marine, and I support the All Lives Matter campaign. I'm tired of racists like Farrakhan and Al Sharpton pushing their hate whites agenda. Most people aren't racist, but young people are vulnerable to such messages, especially when they have been taught to think of themselves as victims. https://www.facebook.com/westernjournalismvideo

2. Diane Lane

Registered

3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I couldn't agree more! I live in the south, and all I see are people of all races getting along, and behaving like grown-ups, for the most part! One reason for that...we don't have as many race baiters, who are likely to profit from racial tension, as the liberals in the north! Sharpton and the rest of his ilk have blood on their hands!

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Race relations have been set back quite a ways with the Obama presidency. Prior to the past few years, it was uncommon for me to hear people speaking of race as an us versus them thing.

5. Diane Lane

Registered

@Ken Anderson I couldn't agree more. I despise Farrakhan, Sharpton, and others, like Sheila Jackson Lee, in Houston. When I worked in the predominantly black neighborhoods in Houston, the children had been brainwashed with emphasis on black history. They had never heard of Plymouth Rock, Salem, Lexington or Concord, and knew nothing of the American Revolution, but knew everything the race hustlers wanted them to, about black history in America. They could barely read or write, yet had been taught to have a chip on their shoulder, and those who've been brought up that way and trained to hate are becoming very useful to those with an agenda of lining their pockets from racial division.

@Brittany Houser When I first moved down here in the early 80s, everyone got along. Everyone got along up in Boston, as well. Of course, there were a few malcontents, but even then, these people who have become prominent in the hate movement were behind the scenes, stirring things up. The onus for any violence that results is on their heads.

Yvonne Smith and Brittany Houser like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Yes, here in Maine, I hear people speaking negatively about black people sometimes, and about Mexicans even more often, and I didn't hear that until the past few years. The problem is that we don't have very many minorities here in Maine, so all they know of black people and Mexicans are what they see on the news or on Facebook, with the riots, the BlackLivesMatter crowd, illegal aliens coming across the border, and La Raza, and they look to these people as being representative of the whole.

While I share the concern over our uncontrolled border, I have lived in the Rio Grande Vally of Texas for more than twenty years and have many friends, former students and co-workers who are of Mexican-American ancestry, and there is nothing wrong with these people as a whole, and many of them also share the concern over our uncontrolled southern border. My son-in-law and my grandchildren are black, and I have worked with and lived among a lot of black people, and Sharpton and Farrakhan are not representative of black people in general.

When we see riots in St. Louis and Baltimore, most people don't realize that the bulk of the rioters were brought in from somewhere else, and many of them are paid to be there. Rather, they assume (because the media won't tell them anything else) that these people are representative of the black populations of St. Louis and Baltimore.

When we have a government that blatantly favors one race over another, it's only natural for an us versus them mentality to surface. Sadly, that's not even a byproduct, since as long as we are faced off against one another, the government has control over all of us.

Sheldon Scott and Diane Lane like this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

Well said. Yes, I have close friends in and from the Valley, and they're all great, hard working people. It upsets me, because where I grew up is a melting pot. I'm only 2nd generation myself, and my grandparents didn't have it easy. Nothing was handed to them. Half of my aunts and uncles weren't even born in the U.S., they emigrated with my grandparents. They all loved this country, and never expected a handout. This group coming across now is different. Actually, this was going on back when I was young and growing up in Massachusetts. Our city was designated a 'sanctuary city' long before most had heard the term. The group pushing that agenda leaned far far left, and they wanted the poor, illiterate people from Central and South America up here way back then. If my dad hadn't been in politics, I probably wouldn't have known any of it, but thankfully I did, and can see that this has been a multi-decade plan. I certainly hope whoever gets elected next time is able to shut this down and bring some sort of normality back to our country, but I think it's going to take a long time.

8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear about the feeling of discrimination over the skin color. We do not have that here and I cannot imagine being discriminated against just because I am not white or I am not black. What would happen to the society if people of all races would be indifferent to each other? I have known America as a melting pot of races and tribes. Although I have seen the movie Roots - about the slavery of Kunta Kinte, a negro from Africa - I thought it was the society of long ago.

But anyway, I guess the hate campaigns against color are isolated cases only.

9. Diane Lane

Registered

This administration has pushed the issue of past grievances, and is dividing up our society by race. Not everyone has a chip on their shoulder, but there are always malcontents who are looking to cause problems, or have things handed to them. Slavery was a long time ago, and no one alive today here in the U.S. was a slave. Most have worked to live harmoniously with those of other races and ethnicities, and most do not discriminate. The ones pushing the agenda of hate are the same ones who promoted civil disobedience and violence against the 'establishment', including law enforcement, in the 1960s and 1970s. They don't actually care about living in a peaceful society, since they are the ones stirring up trouble.

10. Ken Anderson

Until Obama came along, most people weren't thinking in terms of race,

Sheldon Scott and Corie Henson like this.
  11. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This gets me to think that Donald Trump may be right in his pronouncements, i.e. to be honest and frank about the sentiments of the so called "real Americans" who are mostly whites. But I hope Donald Trump will not use his popularity to capitalize more on the issue of race. He had slighted the Mexicans that analysts say would ruin his ambition albeit that might have pushed him higher up the surveys.

I had one email sent by an uncle in the US that said something about that civil disobedience by the black. My uncle said those blacks are doing a hate campaign against the whites and those blacks have the temerity of calling the whites racists. I just didn't understand much of it until this thread came along.

12. Ken Anderson

Polls say that he has better a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote than either Romney or McCain had so, while the bulk of the Hispanic vote will probably go to the Democrat regardless of who the Republican candidate is, he will probably do better than most of the other options. Now Jeb Bush speaks Spanish and is married to a Hispanic, so he might outpoll Trump there, he would lose much of the Republican base.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

The Hispanics are divided. Of course every race is, but @Ken Anderson, having lived in the RGV, you might have a better understanding than some others about the divide between those who have been there for a long time, working hard, building businesses, obtaining educations, etc., versus the newer breed who have come, many illegally, looking for handouts, causing trouble with rapid increases in crime rates and decreases in quality of life. I'm sure Texas and the RGV aren't the only areas where that dichotomy exists within the Hispanic community. One can read any news article on the subject, and go through the comments, to see the rift between the two sides.

I think more than an issue of race, it's an issue of those who feel it's important to hold to certain standards, respect the country and obey the law, versus those who believe it's o.k. for the government to pick and choose which laws it will enforce.