Aliases

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Ike Willis, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My post on another thread, where I stated I had over 25 user names on a small local forum, made me wonder. How many of you ever used an alias?
    I think my penchant for aliases began in my little snothood days. When my dad was away during the war, I was in the company of my two granddads often. One was named Louis, so he was called Louie. When I was with him, I became known as little Louie, and some people called me that clear into my early teens. And, I liked it.
    My other granddad was named William, but no one ever called him William, or Will, or Bill. He was known all over town as "Bugs". Some people never knew his real name. Well, being with him as often as I was then, I was "little bugs".
    As I was growing up, I liked to create aliases for myself. When I reached adulthood, this fascination with aliases continued. In one major city, when I worked on jobs that paid in cash "under the table" I was Dan Johnson. Another place knew me as Frank Horn. Jon in another. On the KL forum, I'm Hoppy. Here, I'm Ike. On three other sites, I had to use my real name.
    Don't want no confusion when I reach the pearly gates. As long as God's keeping track, I'll be OK.

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL Ike, great story ...well apart from having different names on different forums..but everyone knows who I am anyway...I've never had any aliases... so I'm fairly boring..:)

Terry Page and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always used a form of my initials on forums. CC, CeeCee, ChrisC, Chrissy until I was banned and had to resort to an alias. I've been Selena, Janessa and LynnD was my last attempt. I'm done on there anyway.

Ike, now you have me racking my little brain to where I've seen "Hoppy"? Sounds familiar.

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

It's on the KountryLife forum. I still post there on occasion.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Never heard of that but eons ago I was on a forum called Backwoods or something like that, not because I was into homesteading but because I had quite a few friends on there.

6. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I began to create aliases for myself when I was a kid who disliked her name, but rather would like to be called like the pop singer of the moment.

Overtime I learned about the meaning of my name and accepted it, but I had to keep creating aliases in my teen years and early youth days, aliases that were turned into pen names to submit my works to almost any literary contest coming my way.

However for the Internet life I used to to have the same alias/nickname, unless it was taken, hence the need of an alternate name, which similarly remained as second. option. Eventually I crafted a unique forum name that nobody usually comes with and has turned into my alter-ego, nickname that I'm not using here as per Ken's requirements ;)

Holly Saunders and Terry Page like this.
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I have always used Merlin since childhood and my fascination with the tales of King Arthur, even have a bank account under his name, though sadly nothing magic happens there ;)
    I use my real name here so I don't confuse myself any more than I am already :rolleyes:

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well whether we have nick names, aliases or pen names we know who we are so don't worry for life is too short! Nice little story Ike! I found that when I tell people my name many cut it short and call me a sort form of my name. I don't know why, but some people do that and it's okay with me.