Alex Jones Being Sued

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, May 23, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

He should be sued. I've never watched him but I'm sure I'm wouldn't like him, either.

Bill Boggs and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

My favorite Media Guru was Ultra-Conservative William F. Buckley.

You "junior Seniors" don't remember him, do you?)

Howl

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

William F. Buckley was one of the fathers of neoconservativism, I believe.

5. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

The guy sounds like an idiot. My only concern is where the line is drawn at freedom of speech to be a complete idiot.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Several years ago, when I first became aware of him, Alex Jones said a lot of things that I agreed with or believed to be true. Then, I suppose in competition for viewers, he began inflating his headlines, promising more than his stories bore out, which is actually what a lot of the mainstream media has taken to doing too. But I got tired of clicking into his stuff, thinking that it was going to prove something, only to find that it proved nothing of the sort.

I rarely read anything with his name on it anymore or view any of his videos, so I don't know what he's up to. I have never liked referring to or linking to any of his stuff because even when's he's making sense, he doesn't look or sound credible. I would always look to see if I could find the same story elsewhere if it was something I was interested in.

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/infowars-parent-files-bankruptcy-2022-07-29/

Jones was found liable last year in lawsuits Sandy Hook families filed after he falsely claimed that the 2012 school massacre was a hoax. read more

The unusual judgments occurred after Jones defied court orders to turn over documents in the litigation. The cases were then teed up for trials to determine damages, with the first one now underway in an Austin, Texas courtroom.

Jones claimed the shooting, in which 20 children and six school employees were shot dead at the school in Newtown, Connecticut, was fabricated by gun-control advocates and mainstream media. Jones has since acknowledged the shooting happened.

Infowars founder Jones who claimed Sandy Hook shooting was hoax loses defamation cases

Oct 1 (Reuters) - Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist and founder of the right-wing website Infowars, has been found liable for damages in a trio of defamation lawsuits filed after he falsely claimed that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a "hoax."

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble in state court in Austin, Texas, ruled that Jones repeatedly failed to comply with court orders to hand over documents to the parents of children killed in the attack.

I hope this will be the end of this horrible man.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I remember the scuttlebutt about the hook episode...

but was jones the originator of the fraud, or was he himself tricked early on ?

9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

"Infowars: There's a War on For Your Mind!
    https://www.infowars.com

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today."

It has been a war for your mind for centuries.

Is infowars far worse, a little worse, same, better , or best of all the news sources (many seen to be false , even official news sources, the last 3 years especially) ?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know what Jones is but I do visit his site quite often. He is a nut but at least most of the time he is correct in his reporting. The school shooting was not one of them of course but watching the film and whoever that other guy was on the school camera walking in the back yard was suspicious. And the parents didn't act too real either, but I think it probably happened too many would have to be involved for it not to have.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

The issue, a big problem always concerning all the news and government and medical, is what is actually real, what is true,

what REALLY is going on,
    and it is , it seems,

always MIXED to spin for more money and control and power/ edited or censored by the powers high up.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Alex was the news nobody else would talk about.
    Funny how although I don't always agree with Alex and he does act nuts at times and make lots of money doing so he is no worse than most major networks and most times more factual. They are also all multimillionaires.

13. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think he should have filed bankruptcy, absolutely. Real criminals are no longer charged or face real justice but some silly trial like this results in a Salem Witch Hunt. America is lost, face the truth.

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Did you see his assets? He had millions in the bank so not sure he could file bankruptcy?

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Alex lawyer responds, this is unreal how they say the judge basically ignored the law. Alex lawyer said it was like the Hitler trials.

Video is first video. Titled, / Alex Jones Responds'.

https://www.infowars.com/

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Thomas Stillhere likes this.