Adult Coloring Books, The Newest Trend!

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have one as does my neighbor across the street. I don't color in mine every day. But when i do, i am suprised at how lost i get into it.

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've come full circle. When I was a wee lad, I couldn't stay in the lines, and chose weird color's for things.
    Now, my hands don't work too well and I can't stay in the lines plus, my eyesight is bad and I can't tell some colors apart.:(:D

3. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Well-Known Member
    Registered

For my one granddaughter who turned 10 this month, One of her presents was a couple of books, that had buildings and houses a Dover publication to cut and assemble. I bought them on Amazon. It made me think of the cereal boxes 1950's on the back of them had different buildings and things to cut and assemble. My neighbor colors in these books. She has a bad sight problem, it gives her confidence. Some are framed and on her walls. :)

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

They must be catching on here too, because our local grocery store has adult coloring books. Since they seem to have come from nowhere, I am thinking this is a created fad. Were adults clamoring for coloring books or are kids not doing them anymore?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Debbie Seattle

Registered

I have been using coloring books since they became popular. They actually distress people, it works! I bought all these high end markers and pencils but have found the 20 pack at the local dollar store is my favorite. They've now come out with ones that are swear words, they're really funny.

Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL Debbie, I'm sure if I bought books to colour which had swear words in I'd be distressed too...:eek::D;)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw one of the "swear words" coloring books advertised online today, and I was amazed at that. There are just bunches of them online, and I am still puzzled about how those are used ?
    It seems like a person could open the page they wanted to color in a paint program, and then color it online, and not need any actual paper or colored pencils or markers to color with.
    I have also seen the colored markers for sale online, and some of those sets are seriously expensive.
    I remember coloring as a kid; but it was not like I spent a lot of time doing that. I actually spent more time drawing or painting than coloring from a coloring book.
    I have looked at the intricate pictures that they have in these adult books, and I think that I might be more stressed after coloring them than de-stressed, @Debbie in Seattle .

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

The 12 year old had 2 pages of these designs to color for Spanish Class. I helped him do one. Took all morning!

My back hurts and my finger has a callous now.....NO THANKS! Never want to see another one again.

Also don't know what it has to do with Spanish Class....waste of time!!

9. Debbie Seattle

Registered

Sorry, it's supposed to be DE-STRESS not distress ! Damned auto correct.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I do a color book on the kindle. It is called zen coloring or something, and everything is done electronically. I think I would rather have an actual coloring book but I like the Zen coloring too. It is fun to make the desings come to life. I really love paint by number so I am certain I woould like the adult coloring books too. It would be a lot of fun I think. It is just one of the things that would be enjoyable as far as I am concerned. It is just one of the things that I would enjoy.