Actor Christopher Lee Gone at 93

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Hannah Davis, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, it would seem that another veteran of Hollywood film actor Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93. Many of us will no doubt remember Lee playing the dark Wizard Saruman in The Lord or the Rings films and the Hobbit series.

Lee also left his mark on film playing the role of Dracula in the Hammer Horror films. In fact, it was Lee's version of this iconic role that was my first introduction to the character on film. I saw him play Dracula years before seeing Bela Lugosi in the role.

But these are just a few examples in a long list of films that Christopher Lee appeared in during the course of his career. He trully left his mark on the entertainment business and his films will live on long after him that is for certain.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/11/christopher-lee-dies-at-the-age-of-93-dracula

2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

This is horrible news. Christopher Lee was a fantastic actor, and a great man. I mostly remember him for his role as Saruman in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, but every single appearance of his in any movie was spot-on. May he Rest In Peace.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I only knew him from Dracula. I somehow avoided LOTR. RIP Christopher.
    [​IMG]
    Actor Christopher Lee poses for photograph with his wife Brigitta during the Bangkok International Film Festival at Siam Paragon Festival Venue on February 20, 2006 in Bangkok, Thailand.

4. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, it seems that he was mostly known for his roles from Lord of the Rings and Dracula. Half of my friends (LOTR geeks) known him for being Saruman, and the other half knew him for being Dracula. Nonetheless, he still was a fantastic actor, who nailed every single role he played. I'm sure he is now playing better roles up in the sky.

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I knew him from Lord of the Rings films.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never watched Lord of the Rings; but i well remember Christopher Lee as Dracula. He was just so perfect for the part. He managed to be attractive and terrifying all at the same time.
    After watching that movie, I had to check out the Bram Stoker book from the library and read the actual Dracula novel. Naturally, I had no trouble imagining Christopher Lee as the Vampire in the novel.
    Always sad when we lose one of these great actors or actresses.

7. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

No-one has mentioned his performance in The Wicker Man. Anyone who has ever seen that movie will never forget him as a mature actor at his peak. I also remember him for his dark brown eyes outlined in blood red in the Dracula movies. It was a truly chilling performance and he made the Count look much more seductive than Lugosi, so the vampire was all the more terrifying.

8. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

We have lost so many great ones over the past few years. Some of them i have a hard time believing they're gone. Dick Clark, micheal Clark Duncan, and Robin Williams. I hope they all rest in peace