Actions Are What Makes The Difference

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Lots of people these days talk about what they'd like to do, how much they care, and how they would help if they could. This is a story about a community that didn't just talk, they acted, when one of their own was in need. Stories like this warm my heart, and I hope it inspires many to do what they can to help those in need.

Attached Files:

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

From the picture it is hard to see what is going on, other farmers helping to harvest? That is good community like helping to replace barns when they are destroyed. It is a good thing to help your community.

3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

What a sweet story Diane. And harvesting 450 acres in 10 hours must be a record…and for a good cause. Many hands make light work as the saying goes.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Registered

If you click on the link (click the word 'story'), it will take you to the story. A farmer has terminal cancer, his neighbors and others in the community are helping by harvesting his crops.

5. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, exactly, @Lara Moss. It would be interesting to hear if that is actually a record. Imagine how many lives that could touch if it were in the Guinness Book of World Records, and people tried to top it!

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

It's funny you should mention the Guinness Book of World Records, Diane, because that popped in my mind too when I typed, "it must be a record". But you have taken it further to suggest how powerful that could be if others challenged it…….Wow!

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

Imagine if someone created a book like that specifically for 'good' works? That would be something I'd love to see go viral :).

Lara Moss and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane, your post has brought up something I've been thinking on for sometime. How can I do a few actions to just help someone out. Like many seniors, my ability to pledge an allotted period of time to anything depends on my daily health. So that means I can't be very reliable for such things as charities.

I wonder if there is a way to find cases of people in need that one or two days of actual work could help. I think we live in the same part of the country Diane. Have you seen anything like this?

Yvonne Smith likes this.