Accountability Partner? Any Takers?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Mari North, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning, all! I could make this a very long post :) but I won't. I'll get to the bottom line. I've been working on getting healthier for a year and a half now... it's working great... but I'm getting discouraged because of a plateau that's going on forever. I mean *really* discouraged.

I read many healthy lifestyle devotionals each morning and each one mentions the importance of having buddy/accountability partners. I need this, and the more the merrier. Anyone interested? It's not about "dieting" only... just getting healthier all-round if you're not dieting.

I'm thinking PM me and I'll PM my email back. I realize it could be done here "in public" probably but... well, I just can't see myself letting all those thoughts and emotions out to "run free" when it comes to this subject. :oops:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Tell me more of what you're looking for....

Mari North likes this.
  3. Mari North

Registered

You sure do ask the hard questions, @Chrissy Page ... :) when I keep hearing that it's important, I'm never sure. I would assume just friends to talk with when that discouragement sets in or when I'm encouraged. People to tell me that eating the cake sitting on the table would not be very wise. Maybe just knowing people are "there" when I want to share a success... or a failure?

Probably not much different than the "diet buddies" people have been using for decades... yeah, that's what I'd think would be the major purpose.

Now that I'm thinking about this and answering your question, it just hit me that others getting an email from me in my typical chatty mode would be like the epitome of boring to anyone, so... yeah, boring. So I'll probably forget the whole idea and hope no one else reads this. :oops:

Maybe I shouldn't post here in the morning until I've had coffee! Actually that's a good idea... going for some now. :D

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But no cake!!

I wasn't discouraging you, Mari...just wasn't sure what you had in mind and mainly did I have to exercise with you, lol.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Mari North

Registered

Oh, I know you weren't! No way! I just blurt sometimes without thinking (yeah, it's true.. you've noticed?! hehe) and I realized that it probably wouldn't work since we all talk here anyhow.

EXERCISE? Bite your tongue... that's a 4-letter word around here. Sad but true. I need to get back to it... but not today. :D

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's what I need to do too but then my back hurts, but I need exercise to strengthen my back muscles...my viscous circle. :)

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes we all need help with things, but I'd think you would possibly have a friend or family member that lives where you do to help you with this. It's just that there would be some things that I wouldn't come to a forum to ask help for. IMO.

8. Mari North

Registered

I don't. But thanks, @Cody Fousnaugh I'd delete the post if I could.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's a good post Mari, no reason to delete. We all need help in keeping healthy wether it's exercise, diet, or even emotional well being.

I also don't have anyone near me in Fresno, that is why I turn to forums.

10. Mari North

Registered

I've found that it is often the "new friends" that offer tons more support than family even if family is close or interested in helping. There really are no (as the old saying goes) strangers, just friends we haven't met yet.

Out of all you mentioned, emotional well being may be the toughest, eh? At least the toughest to tackle alone!

I'm sorry you don't have anyone there... but we're always always here for you. :)

Yvonne Smith and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wouldn't have to delete it, but was told by a forum Moderator once, "watch what you ask for in a public forum".
    I done a Thread, in another forum website once, about the relationship between my daughter and I. Boy did I get "the good, the bad and the darn ugly" about that Thread. Wow did some people come after me with anything they could........sort of like the old West "lynch mob". Should have never done a Thread like that!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Mari North

Registered

:(

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't understand why what you posted would be a problem, Cody.

Well, if it's not okay here then I apologize.

14. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Back to the original post ...just something that I do ... and I'm older than all of you guys!:p

For the exercise part .. and I have to work out alone too.
    First, I got a stationary bike .. parked in front of my TV, where I have to trip over it ..:D .. I'd go slow and easy until I'd find myself going faster & faster. It did work so well, that my right knee gave out in pain... I got a copper leg wrap and took MSM and eventually the pain did go away. (mostly)
    But I needed "something"! in the meantime, so I got a Gazelle Edge slider. No knee bending and really a nice workout without much effect. They are for the person who doesn't like exercise machines!
    Use 'em both now.
    I feel really guilty if I don't get on one or the other everyday, except when I have a heavy-duty outdoor yard clean-up/raking/mowing day.

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have an elliptical type machine gathering dust in my garage, maybe if I bought it in the house I would use it more.