Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Great point my friend, but I have NO INTENTION of taking this particular body to heaven as my eternal doom. I want the nice shiny glorified one that doesn't age. :)

2. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I used to have a big judgement list.
    Then I had kids.
    Then came the earrings, the tattos, the arrests, the pot....Oh yeah, the 16 year old pregnancy.
    I wanted to make a big sign with 'White Trash' painted on it & put it up in the yard.
    :D

Their lifestyles are STILL questionable, but they are all truly nice and caring individuals.
    Because of them, I know outside appearances means absolutely nothing.
    Only the heart of a person really matters.
    Not because I'm smart, but because I learned the hard way.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If I would've got the two eagles, one on each forearm, my wife definitely wouldn't have anything to do with me. She has already told me that. So, with that, everyone knows that both of us think the same way.

Now, would've I been a different person? Well, being the fact that I've only met one rodeo cowboy, Sid Steiner (look him up online) that had tattoos, body piercings and long hair, I would've been teased by other rodeo contestants and rodeo announcers, like he was. We did meet Sid after he won his "one and only" Steer Wrestling World Championship. He was a nice guy, but I sure could tell how the other World Champions felt about his looks. After he won that championship, he bowed out of rodeo and started a Heavy Metal band with his brother. He was out of the rodeo industry and that didn't hurt the feelings of any of the other rodeo folks.

So, I was very, very smart in not getting those two eagle tattoos on my forearms!

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for answering that question Cody... but in reality whether you're pleased you didn't have the tattoo or not, the fact is that it wouldn't have made you a different person to who you are . It's a drawing.. nothing more!!

I'm not a tattoo fan..not at all, I am of the mindset that if you like a picture so much why not just carry it around in your back pocket to bring out and look at now and again instead of defacing one's body... buttttt... I also know that having someone draw on you doesn't change you as a person, it doesn't change your personality, you are either an A hole or you're a decent good person.. ink makes no difference to that in any way!!

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, our young (25 year old) neighbor has three tattoos on her upper chest from when she was a "wild thing". She told us that she was a "wild thing" before getting married. She also told us that she would love to have them taken off.

So, your statement about tattoos not changing a person, well they changed her. But, now that she has a kid and married, she doesn't like the look on her. The down side is, she knows it would be expensive to remove the three.

Bottom Line is this, for us anyway...…..we simply don't like the looks of tattoos that can be seen and most people absolutely love showing theirs off.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hmmm.......Dolly Parton has tattoos. George Strait has tattoos. Come to think about it, just about every major country and western musician has a tattoo or...more than just A tattoo.

A “wild thing” may get a tattoo, but the tattoo didn’t make her a wild thing.
    A human being doesn’t represent the ideology of the tattoo but the tattoo can sometimes represent the ideology of the person at the time of the inking.

That’s quite enough for me. No more debating about flipping tattoos. It’s just too redundant and all it does is go around in circles.

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

IMO, tattoos can be either tasteful in some cases, or range clear down below that to a level of decadence and profanity.

Time was, a lady having a well-placed and noticeable mole was considered embodied with desire. Today, tattoos are used where nature chose not to embellish.

So what?

Frank

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG] ………… :p

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Dolly has a skin disorder that is why she has tatoos to cover that up..and is why she wears long selves.

Bess Barber likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bobby, I just read an online description of George Strait, country singer retired and he has NO tattoos. His fans have tattoos of the names of his songs, but he has none. He doesn't smoke either.
    When I first started reading the website about him, there are pictures of George Strait tattoos, but they are on other people.
    Chris Le Doux, who is now gone (died) had no tattoos.
    Guess you'd better read up better on some of the country music stars.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh and they are butterfly tats mainly

Bess Barber likes this.
  12. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I don't like all tattoos, but some I really like a lot. I wish I would've gotten one when I was younger. Now my skin is too loose and my bones are too close to the surface. :D

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Many young people get one and then end up filling up their arms, legs and sometimes their neck and even face.

Bess Barber likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, we thought Jacksonville, FL had a lot of folks with multiple tattoos, but now here Loveland it's becoming the same way. I talked to a young girl awhile ago that had numerous tattoos on her arms and legs and she told me that her parent would love to see this area go back the way it was 10 years ago. She also told me "this isn't my parents city anymore, it's ours!"

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I fail to understand the preoccupation and mish-mashing back and forth about tattoos!
    Frank