Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I can not stand PeeWee Herman - for instance - but hate him , no.
    One of the main reasons I was drawn to this forum and the Only one I have ever stayed on- was because of comarderie among people on here.Also the acceptance of my views - right or wrong .
    We must remember also that since we are online vs.physically visting or phone talking- that many of us may not know how to convey our views properly in words.
    Am not sure online writting really helps us grasp the full personality each of have.
    Bottom line with and for me.....just say what's on your mind and in your heart;).

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell

I couldn't even more so after learning he was implicated in child molestation.
    Frank

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

You know three men who were shot in the back of the head?
    Lincoln
    Kennedy
    and the guy sitting in front of Pee Wee Herman!

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It's sounds like a good thing that I have absolutely no idea who ''Pee Wee Herman'' is !!!o_O

Frank Sanoica and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Kind of an American version of Mr. Bean on steroids but extremely void of any worthwhile content. Annoying really. Very annoying. I couldn’t watch him for over 10 or 20 seconds without feeling stupid for watching for more than 5 seconds.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is not fun fighting fires at -20 F. either.:D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

I haven't looked him up... but from your description, I would hate him anyway...I can't even stand Mr bean!!

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders
    Believe me, you have missed nothing not knowing about this guy!

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First question: Is there really a way to do this? There are those that are much more open-minded than others. The ones that are open-minded don't have a problem, or much of one, whereas those that are not, or not that much of, open-minded, do have problems with accepting different things of today.

Different things have changed, some things quite a bit, that Seniors don't like. Many of those things have been put into threads and replies on this forum.

IOW, "accepting" is not nearly as easy as the truly open-minded folks say it is.

Thoughts?

Bess Barber likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Beats me. I suppose it somewhat has to do with a person's personality. I just try to live and let live, and not worry about what other people do unless it directly affects me and mine. I've become more outspoken with age, though.

"Don't worry. Be happy."

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Give us some specifics Cody... ..what is it that you're not accepting of for example.. ?

perhaps some new fad irritates you, or did you once enjoy something but now as you age you find it more difficult to tolerate?

Gives us some examples....:)

12. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Cody---I consider myself very open minded but refuse to accept things I don't like. Why should I?

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, obviously multiple tattoos bother wife and I. There is a couple, in the same complex we are in, that have multiple tattoos. On their face, neck, arms and legs. She was working for a Harley-Davidson Dealer, but is now a stay-at-home mom for her two small kids. He is a tattoo artist at a shop down the street from us. I have talked to both of them and they seem nice. But, even facing them and talking to them seemed weird. That many tattoos! She outright told me that she'd never work anywhere that didn't accept her art. I thought "whatever".

Then, yesterday, we were at a local Safeway here and the cashier was a young guy wearing makeup. Two colors of eye shadow, rouge on his cheeks and lipstick. His nameplate had his male name on it. I could barely look at the guy! We will continue to shop at this Safeway, but really, really avoid this dude if he is working at a register. One thing for sure, none of the customers could miss seeing him.

Even just these two things have upset many Seniors here. We have talked to some when they were at McDonalds for coffee. One lady told us, "Loveland use to be a nice city to raise a family, but not anymore. Looks like young folks from Los Angeles are moving in and bringing characteristics of Los Angeles with them. They like to drive 10 to 15 miles over the speed limit and we just don't do that. If they could, they'd kick all of us "Old Timers" out of Loveland and take over completely."

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What don't you like? Generally speaking, most folks who are very open minded don't have any, or very few, problems with "things of today". Do you get around anyone that uses the "f" word or any words like it?

Lon, I've come to find out that if a person doesn't accept most things of today, they are criticized quite a bit.

15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

No I don't accept things I don't like - nothing to do with age always been the same
    Nothing to do with others influence either
    I know we can't change things but I don't have to look or take part in any of it