Abortion: Pros And Cons

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes. Totally agree.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  2. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

And if it is not re-instated as you say women who wish to abort will find the way to do so regardless.
    No one has the right to tell me what to do.

BTW: If men could get pregnant abortion will be sacrosanct.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree women should be able to do to their own body anything they want. But there are two bodies involved. We can argue that until the cows come home, and choose which side to believe. I can understand some of us not knowing what to believe, but I'd say there is more and more evidence coming forward as to when "life" begins.

I also want to say that it is also our right (women's, with the exception of rape) to keep our legs together. But "if" that baby is alive, what if it's true that baby can feel let's say, and not just a blob of protoplasm, should there be a law we can just kill her/him and throw them in a dumpster because the mother decides it's about "her body" alone??

And about the coat-hanger and the desperate woman? This is a reason to condemn to death millions of babies since this court case? I mean, if some of these abortions have been done to live human-beings?

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

I just saw the thread was moved, and the name changed, or maybe just joined with another thread. I accept that @Ken Anderson. It's all too obvious there are no "winners" in this argument. I am rather naive to think the all people here would be excited over the roe vs wade being overturned. It's not the first time I've been naive.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Since the thread that you started was specifically about the chance of Wade vs. Rowe being overturned, and not about the moral or legal correctness of abortion, I did not want your thread to devolve into an abortion (pro/con) thread, @Denise Happyfeet . It was definitely going off of the original topic, so I just moved the off-topic posts to an abortion thread, hoping to preserve the original thread topic for you.
    Your thread is still there, just minus the posts that are debating the moral argument of abortion.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

This X worker for Planned Parenthood stood and told it like it is. I'm letting you know in advance, this is hard to take if you choose to listen to the video. I saw the ultra-sound myself many years after I had an abortion. I was pro-life before I saw it, but this sealed my allegiance in standing with those that fight for the right to life of those who cannot defend themselves:

Al Amoling likes this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The solution is simple! o_O Pregnancies ending in abortion can be stopped by the simple act of masturbation.;) Prevention is the name of the game.:cool: It is time for youth to take matters into their own hands. :D:D:D

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dr. Ruth would applaud that analysis Faye.

To be serious though, parents have to get more involved with their kids but the various state laws prevent that from happening in some ways.
    When minors no longer have to have their parents permission to buy birth control pills and when an abortion can be performed sans the knowledge of the parents there’s going to be problems.

For the most part, government public school are responsible for sex education but they do not tell the whole story including showing a video of what an abortion really is.
    They do not tell the young females that it isn’t just getting a shot or taking a pill and zoomba-zoomba the embryo vanishes and flash, the girl is a virgin again.

Personally, I really believe that men sitting down with their male progeny and having a talk about the birds, bees and shotguns and for every female’s father to own said shotguns, it would be a far better thing no matter what the verdict is on Roe vs Wade.

Denise Evans and Faye Fox like this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, Daddy and the double-barrel eliminated a lot of problems.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes on Dr. Ruth applauding @Bobby Cole I'm glad I didn't have my coffee in my mouth since this was the first post I saw when opening my monitor.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes on these "fixes" Bobby. Especially since laws being obeyed seem to be a thing of of the past, enforcement, and paying for breaking the law as well :(

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Y'all can call me Dr. Ruth or anything you want, but masturbation for birth control is in the Bible. So way back in the day God wanted a guy to keep his dead brother's wife pregnant, the guy not wanting any more kids especially from his dead brother's wife spilled his seed on the ground, but still enjoyed intercourse with his dead brother's wife after the act of masturbation. This displeased God since he was trying to populate the world so he struck the masturbating fool down dead. If God found masturbation to be effective birth control, then who am I to mock such an act as an effective preventive measure.

Genesis 38:9 But Onan knew that the offspring would not belong to him; so whenever he would sleep with his brother's wife, he would spill his seed on the ground so that he would not produce offspring for his brother.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

I did say "or ignorant" because not everyone is aware of "an actual life in the womb", and as far as immoral, the whole definition of that has been changed by some anyway, so it was rather stupid of me to even try to use the term. People decide for themselves what is moral and immoral and I'm not going to try and tell them what to think or believe.

I still think that over one, single court-case, babies are being sucked out of the mother's womb (by the millions) as easy as having a skin-tag removed, or an ingrown-toenail. I for one will be celebrating if this gets overturned, and maybe by then, if ever, some brilliant scientist can come up with a pill to take after someone has sex. I also believe that when we die, we will all know the Truth.

And one more thing Ruby, I posted that some time ago, and I grow a bit each day. So I see clearly, today I wouldn't have written that. Have you ever made a mistake?

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Joe, I was very emotional at the time because I've had more than one abortion, and I have lived my life mourning not just the loss, but the ignorance of those years. Having truth revealed to me since then has been sometimes horrific, and I wouldn't wish that on any young woman, and hope that more young people are being given the Truth, even if they don't want to hear it, maybe it will plant a seed, definitely no pun intended.

I think of how my life would have been different, would I have been a good mother, would I have stopped searching for the meaning of life? I think children must be the greatest blessing, and sometimes, the greatest heart-ache. I see this in my old friends from school, so I know it's true. If I had it to do over again, I pray God I would have been told much more, even if I didn't listen, atleast I may have made better decisions when it came down to it.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My referral to Dr. Ruth was indeed in the context of the fact that she was the first to have open discussions via radio and television concerning DYI sex.
    She opened up a dialog that some found extremely uncomfortable with but to tell the truth, whilst schools were teaching 5th graders how to put condoms on a cucumber, Ruth was teaching self examination and even mentioned the benefits of abstinence with the opposite sex to prevent pregnancy. -

Now, how all this aligns with the pro’s and con’s of abortion is a stretch albeit a few minutes of DIY sex is much better than the regrets one may have after going through an abortion.