Abortion: Pros And Cons

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

NOTICE: I have moved the discussion of abortion from the Trump thread to a thread of its own because the discussion is more about abortion than about Trump. Please reconsider before becoming involved in this discussion or continuing it because too many online friendships have been destroyed by this issue. I am allowing it because it is a failing on my part that I most always opt for inclusion rather than exclusion, but I am not encouraging it. -- Ken Anderson

I think that anyone that would vote for a person that supports abortion, is either immoral, or ignorant of the the babies that are being aborted are a life. I think there are times abortion is necessary, but not the numbers being performed. That's just one thing I always think of about immorality is murder.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
    Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well thanks Denise because I'm prochoice. I believe in a woman's right to do with her body as she wishes.

Doesn't mean I'm all for abortion but if done early, I'm okay with it. Better than women dying with coat hangers before it was legal.

Ive kept this view to myself on here knowing most are anti abortion but you pushed me into saying it.

Now, I think I'm out of here...Ken won't have to find a prize for 10,000 likes.

Beth Gallagher and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm sorry we disagree on the "coat-hanger" thing. I believe the numbers show that there are way more deaths now since Roe vs Wade. And too many of those deaths are for one purpose, birth control:( This isn't about abortion so I won't continue on. Don't care to discuss it, or argue it. It is where I stand, and where i will always stand on abortion.

But just like I said, it's only one thing Hillary openly stands for that I strongly disagree with. For other reasons, anyone can look at the the writing @Holly Saunders put up by Piers Morgan --> here. This man nailed it down for me.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Trump was pro choice most of his life. Of course he'll be anti abortion now as a republican candidate.

I'm still voting Trump but I am out of here....bye.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

I was pro-choice once, I mean now it seems like another life, I really think it was. I had 2 abortions:( I don't think I've ever written that on a forum, but this may be the reason I don't want other women to make that choice. Like I said, there are reasons for abortions, maybe the baby has died inside the mother for one off-hand reason. It's everyone's choice though. These are only things I believe. I will never NOT regret what I did.

I will never NOT regret those choices:(

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In the dictionary, abortion comes before birth....in real life, it doesn't have to.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm prochoice Denise but I never had an abortion and wouldn't even consider it but I want that choice. It's my body.

You must have had reasons for the abortions. If it becomes illegal, it will be done in some backstreet drs office who will be making big bucks doing them.

I'm one that doesn't believe it's a baby at conception. I don't think it should be used as birth control but something to be decided when the woman or girl finds out she says pregnant.

Too many babies being tossed in the garbage even with abortion...can you imagine how much those numbers will grow?

abortion isn't an issue for me anyway, nor is it a problem for my daughter or DIL and I have 5 grandsons and they won't be getting pregnant either but don't call me immoral because I believe in something you don't.

8. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

" ........I think that anyone that would vote for a person that supports abortion, is either immoral, or ignorant of the the babies that are being aborted are a life."

You seem to be insulting people for their beliefs, @Denise Happyfeet , when you judge them by your opinion, to be immoral or ignorant of anything. I'm surprised. Where's your usual respect for another's opinion?

Maybe this stressful election is getting to all of us. :(

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

No,I think Denise is just more moved by the unborn babies feelings.:)

10. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for your opinion Joe.

Joe Riley and Denise Evans like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

ignorance to me @Ruby Begonia is uninformed, I was uninformed as a young gal. I didn't know, whether anyone cares to believe me or not, that there was actual life in my tummy at that early stage. Everyone has their own belief.

But you are right on me blurting, very untactfully, about my pain in seeing women fall for this. I don't want them to have to suffer the memory of it like I do. So @Joe Riley is also right.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

To be fair, I would highlight the "or" as well. And I didn't say stupid, ignorance is a lack of knowledge again. Not a bad thing unless a person chooses to remain ignorant.

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Many forums don't allow the discussion of abortion because it is all but impossible to discuss the issue without it resulting in anger and hurt feelings. The issue always comes up in presidential elections simply because both sides find that it serves to divide, and they are hoping that they can come out on the stronger side of the division. The issue forces people to take extreme positions on one side or the other, and no good ever comes of it. The president can't do anything about abortion, so it is a non-issue during a presidential election. Oh, you might argue that a president can nominate a Supreme Court judge who is opposed to abortion but that's not a question that is ever asked of a Supreme Court nominee, at least not by Republican presidents. Nor should it be, since the Supreme Court should be hearing the cases that are put before it on the basis of the specifics of the case and the wording of the constitution, not on the basis of their personal beliefs on an issue. I can think of at least three Republican presidents who were elected, at least in part, on their stated positions on abortion, yet nothing has been done about it, nor will anything be done about it at the presidential level because that's not the president's job. I won't put the discussion of abortion off-limits in the forum, but neither will I encourage it, and I don't think it really has a bearing on a presidential election. Once the election is over, you won't hear anything more about abortion until the next presidential election.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's true, I don't consider it an issue at all, otherwise I'd be voting for democrats and I never have.

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Maybe I was wrong to mention it here, so because I feel it didn't do any good, I won't mention it again here. I know that some folks believe it is a holocaust of killing babies, others don't. Some things can't be talked about, they are too volatile. At least in a gathering of this sort I mean.

Joe Riley likes this.