Abandoned Baby Rhino Finds New Family

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I love stories like this. It seems some mothers/parents in the animal kingdom abandon their offspring for particular reasons that aren't always known, but I've also seen stories like this one, where others in the species, or even animals outside of their own species, will adopt them as their own. http://abc13.com/pets/abondoned-baby-rhino-finds-a-new-family/1315051/

2. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Aaww, nice story. :)

3. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, definitely, Arlene. I don't like thinking about poachers, but it seems they are still out there, doing their thing, harming animals for profit. I think that's the reason some of these babies end up abandoned. It's good that the country/region is working to address the issue. Meanwhile, at least we get to admire the wildlife through these types of stories.

4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

I love to watch animal programs while having a nice breakfast. It's very relaxing, and certainly better than listening to political bickering.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Ha, I follow politics on Twitter, and it was bearable until this election season. It's very overwhelming, and seeing and hearing it on TV would be even more so. I love nature programs, but I don't like the part where the animals attack and kill one another, even though I understand it's a necessary part of life.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

How wonderful that a baby rhino got saved and adopted. The other rhino seems glad that the baby rhino is around too. The best part is the scratching of the baby rhino to go to sleep...lol how nice it is to see this video...just made my day! Thanks!!!

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm glad you enjoyed it, @Krissttina Isobe. I love animal pictures, videos and stories. They often lift my spirits, and I enjoy sharing them with others who feel the same way. Here's a site I enjoy visiting, they have a nice variety of feel good stories about pets and other animals. https://www.thedodo.com/pets/

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*Thanks for the info. I love to see Maru and his boxes and Hana the cat too on youtube.com!