A Stadium Full Of Potheads

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Hal Pollner, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey, ain't this cool?

Now we can have marijuana "EVENTS" filling a baseball stadium!

I would like to see the City of Adelanto nuked!

Hal
    001.JPG

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't know really what you expect? Pot use has sky-rocketed where recreational pot is legal. I know, all of us Seniors want to blame the younger generation, but if we was to really, really think about it, what was Woodstock Music Festival like in 1969........lots of pot and other drugs. Monterey Pop Festival, same way. Heck, even in the movie, Forest Gump, Jenny was doing lines of cocaine at a Disco and some guy was shooting up heroine in another scene.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

One of my brothers lives in Oregon where growing and smoking pot is legal now. He came in for a visit not to long ago and showed me his green house with his pot plants growing in them. My brother has always enjoyed smoking pot....I'm glad he lives where he won't have to worry about being arrested for it anymore.

And if my Honey and I do ever visit him in Oregon I'm going to enjoy a legalized joint for "old times" sake while I'm there. :)

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They have legal marijuana in Washington, too. I would have tried it but was afraid I'd like it too much.

@Hal Pollner , if the admission is free how do they plan to make any money off of it? Will they have vendors selling it?

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Unbelievable!

To me, the ONLY honest and noble way to get high is through booze.

Hal

Tom Galty likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Seriously, nooo, pot high is not the same thing as a booze buzz.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

You know what hacks my ass... I smoked pot off an on for years-recreational for the most part. It was not legal. Here it is legal in so many areas,
    but due to my copd ,can not inhale smoke of any kind. But I can naw down a brownie or two :D

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had never heard of this event, so I looked it up, and it looks like something that will bring in a lot of money for the city that hosts the event each year. This is not saying that anytime there is an event at the stadium that people can smoke pot, it is simply announcing an event that happens somewhere each year (in a state where pot is legal).
    As near as I can tell, it is kind of a re-creation of the Woodstock event, because there are entertainers and celebrity guest appearances, and that kind of thing happening.
    Over 10,000 people are expected to attend, and even though they are allowed to bring their own pot if they want, the article said no food or drinks are allowed; so there will be food vendors making some good money during this event, and undoubtedly, the rest of the town will benefit as well, since people have to eat, sleep, and buy fuel while they are there.

Many places have annual celebration of one kind or another, and most of those will have a “beer garden” and sell food and alcohol to people, and it is a great boost in the economy for any city that does this.
    Personally, I don’t see this as anything much different than an event where people are getting drunk. I would personally not be comfortable attending either one, but I don’t see one as being worse than the other one.
    If pot were legal here, I would grow some and use it in a green smoothie for the health benefits.

Lulu Moppet and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Something I have NEVER messed with nor wished to any...……...

Yvonne Smith likes this.