A Relationship In General

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Michael Santi, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Am listening to ZZ Top and ACDC..
    Good for a mood lift....change tunes your mood can improve.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Great - that has to be good !

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My idea, if you can, is to place a Personal Ad for yourself in a local magazine or newspaper. Even a motorcycle magazine would be good. Be sure to tell the truth about yourself.

The Ad I placed sure worked out for me. My wife LOVED everything about me, from my Wrangler Jeans, Resistol cowboy hat to my Ariat Lace-Up Roper boots. I could saddle a horse, swing a rope/lasso and do a great 2-Step and Texas Swing. Heck, I even knew how to Square Dance, that she had just learned to do.

You CAN do it! Get out there and meet a gal that loves Touring Bikes. Let her hop on the back with you and HIT THE ROAD!

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

5. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Mike, dating sites do work if it is one that asks more than a few questions. And if you answer honestly.

Funny story, friend of mine used my puter to log on to Plenty of Fish, he and his wife had separated and he was looking for love. He answered all the questions and the next day came back to see the replies.

Kodak moment....one of his matches was his wife :D

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It worked for me and can work for him!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Try something a little more upbeat:

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Reminds me of - 'do you like Pina Colada - taking walks in the rain' .............
    Can't recall the title, but you may recognise the song :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Michael Santi

Michael Santi Veteran Member
    Registered

Holy Cow ! My apologies to all .... Thought I had threads set to email me but it didn't happen ... logged in to find your posts but they never were forwarded to my email .... lets see now ... firstly yes, I should listen to 'up' music but the truth is it makes me jealous, lol ! ... Cody's personal ad idea was a thought I had myself .... I've been to Christian sites, POF, crazy E Harmony ... (what is up with that goofy system ?) Match, and several other I can't recall the names of ... Patsy, I thought that full title WAS the song's name ...

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I was on a few sites too. POF! mate1 and can't even remember the others. Haven't done it in a long time though.

I had positive results after I weeded through the bad ones. Went on a few dates even with a few of them. The one that I still think about that was promising died.

11. Michael Santi

Registered

I spent so much money and time meeting some very strange women ... for one thing, as I learned from my fellow employees at Marriott ... we were sometimes in situations where even news media were present ... I just always have been a relaxed 'Ham' and verbal communicator ...... ( hand me a microphone and get out of my way ... ) I learned to put other people at ease as well with relaxed tones and gestures that aren't threatening ... Police type work was the biggest part of my life and how you conduct yourself is of course imperative. But these match site live meetings were always tough ... I admit I did state a few 'rules' in my ads ... like please post no pics of yourself standing in front of a 1956 Studebaker under a gasoline sign that reads 67 cents a gallon and assure me "It's a fairly current pic " and you haven't changed a bit .... Posting dishonest pics was my biggest letdown ..... and no relaxation technique I used to try to take the nervous edge off of the women seemed to work ....

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Clare Smith

Clare Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I know what you mean, @Chrissy Cross. Once I met a very nice person on a dating site and we were getting along very well - despite his strong beliefs. He passed away at 52 some years ago, and after that I haven't tried any other websites again. I just think it's kind of tiring.

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi Michael - I've just been singing it to meself - its called 'Escape' :)

14. Michael Santi

Registered

In fairness to everyone I met, I will say that a 'relaxed' person can , in and of itself cause some level of 'panic' or nervousness for some people ... My outlook and views about dating and relationship have always been to never make mountains out of molehills ... some have glorified having a partner to the extent that imitates the Bible warning that one can be so spiritual they are of no earthly good ... But in this case it's not about that ... it's about making 'togetherness' so mountainous, so stand offish, so carefully walked so as to not tear the rice paper that the very effort creates as the song goes : 'Needle and pins"

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Michael Santi

Registered

The Pina Colada song is called Escape ? I did not know that ...